1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Midi cc interferes between instruments

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by maxread, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxread

maxread New Member

Try this:
    1. Create an instrument that has it's filter cutoff controlled by midi cc 1 (for example)
    2. Save the instrument, then drag it back into the muti (you now have two instances of it)
    3. Set them on different midi channels and create some different cc data that can be played into each channel (in cubase for example)
    4. The controller info interferes between the instruments.

* When one instrument is muted, the other works OK.
    * Delete the [filter->mod->midi cc->cutoff] object from one instrument, the other works OK.

Everything was working SO beautifully until I hit this little problemo. Kontakt is fantastic. It sounds great too.
    Working on a new Orchestra for The Enid - think I'm going to need 1GB RAM by the end!!! Until I find solution for this, I only have 1 trumpet, Tbone, FrHorn, etc. And no, I don't want another instance of Kontakt! The Cubase mixer already reaches halfway to the pub...

2. maxread

maxread New Member

Can't believe nobody else has this problem

Is this just me?... come on, somebody tell me I'm not going mad!

Further details of problem:

1. I'm using Cubase 5.1.
    2. Problem is same with Win98 or Win2000
    3. It doesn't always happen - seems to come and go at random - sometimes it all works perfectly.
    4. Tried changing to cc 3 (from cc 1)... same problem.

3. brian klassen

brian klassen Forum Member

This problem (related to the one described in your other thread) has also been fixed in the next update (1.0.3), which is due out about the same time as the Mac version.

-brian

4. ChrisA

ChrisA NI Product Owner

And that is when?

5. brian klassen

brian klassen Forum Member

Consensus seems to be mid to late August. If you go by the timing of the PC release (first beta to release version), that would be about right. NI won't give out a definite date, so this is the best I can tell you.

cheers,
    -brian

6. maxread

maxread New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.