1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Midi [emulated] Issue (GR3/GR4)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by RhysPatto, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhysPatto

RhysPatto NI Product Owner

Hey guys,

I have a big problem which is stopping me from having any control while playing guitar through GR3. I had to reformat my PC, so afterwards first thing to go back on was GR3. I also installed all my sound interface drivers, etc.

The problem I have is GR3 notes every Midi device (in the Audio and MIDI Settings... page) as [emulated], which seems to be NI's nice way of saying *not working*

Now I can't figure out a solution, mainly because MIDI works perfect for everything else on my system. Both real and simulated midi devices can go in and out of other programs including Bomes Midi Translator (which i bought to mix in the bits GR3 left out :p, highly recommended), Midi-ox, and Ableton Live perfectly.

Please please help. I even tried with the demo of GR4, but the exact same result.
    :confused:

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Rhys

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Did you use the actual MIDI drivers for the install or did you use Windows class compliant drivers (plug and play)?. Install the actual MIDI drivers.

ew

3. RhysPatto

RhysPatto NI Product Owner

Yeah ew I installed the drivers, but surely it can't be a driver issue, because it happens with simulated MIDI ports also (such as MIDI Yoke, or Bomes Virtual ports).

To add to my original post, it works in everything BUT Guitar Rig 3, including Ableton Live. It works fine through the whole program but if I try sending any of the midi to GR3, nothing gets through.

I have used Live quite a bit aswell and it's not a case of it not getting to GR3, it's all patched up fine. I just can't figure out how ONLY gr3 refused to recieve what every other program can easily get, VST or standalone.

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Hmm... all the ones on my PC for GR 3 that aren't an actual PCI card also say emulated. However, MIDI learn works here, both as a standalobne and as a plugin.

ew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.