1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Missing 'Import 1.x' option

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Duncan Gray, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Teecee-uk

Teecee-uk NI Product Owner

Hey Rene,
    I have this same problem and wanted to ask if you would be kind enough to send me the installer for Maschine 2.8.7 please.
    Your help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

2.8.7 is on its way, you have PM.

René

• Like Like x 1
  3. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Does this workaround work also with OSX? I just found out that I've some old projects still in Maschine 1.x format and now I can't import those since the feature is removed. IF the workaround works also with Mac - can you please PM me how to get installer for Maschine 2.8.7 (if this is the latest with the import 1.x feature available)?
    Thanks!

4. René must be Unique

Sorry I only have files for a Windows system.
    But I think Matt can help you in this case.

René

5. Teecee-uk

Teecee-uk NI Product Owner

Bless you Bro! Worked like a dream
    Thanks.

6. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Send me a PM with your OS and I'll get you the right link ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

I took a look at that link above. The key upgrades from 2.6.8 onwards are not listed.
    I also downloaded and installed the old 'Service Center'. Nothing useful there.
    It only reminded me how much better Native Access is.

I just wish Native Access had legacey downloads. I think that would be more useful than the website.
    In the mean time i still have access to Maschine version 1.8.2 .

[I wonder if the guy who maintains the archives still has his job?].

8. stangigley

stangigley New Member

I would really appreciate a full install of 2.7.1. Not an update file, but the install was really save the day. Thanks

9. René must be Unique

2.7.1 is on its way.
    You have PM.

René

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Can you Pm it to ben37

11. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bagoftrix

Bagoftrix NI Product Owner

can i install 2 instances/versions of maschine 2.0 on a mac? for some reason my 1.x version is missing tons of stuff and i'd rather convert it to 2.x and fix stuff in there, but i missed the removal of the import function when updating, and i want to have an older version available besides that. i still have the 2.6.8 installer, but my guess is it will revert my version back rather than installing a second instance.

Maybe NI can provide a legacy converter, i imagine there is tons of stuff out there we'd like to convert. I have tons of maschine sound files that i can't use anymore because of the newer .mxsnd filetype.

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes, I have a bunch of versions and they work well side-by-side.

Install the 2.6.8 version, it will replace the current one, then change the name of the app or place it in another folder and update to the current version again and you will have both standalone apps. Dont leave this for later, do it know and convert all your old projects, the more you postpone it the bigger the problem becomes.

That's never gonna happen, not enough demand.
    Maybe some bored indie developer could do it but that's a lot of work for little to no reward.

14. FVCEGANG

FVCEGANG New Member

Hi Rene is it possible to send me version 2.8.7 as well, I'm having the same issue and would like to import my 1.8 projects into maschine. It would be greatly appreciated

15. René must be Unique

• Like Like x 1
  16. DjSyle

DjSyle NI Product Owner

This package is not working for me under Mac OS 10.15.5. It's crashing with the following message:
    “Maschine 2 Installer Mac.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
    This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Try right clicking on the dmg and then select open

18. DjSyle

DjSyle NI Product Owner

dmg is opening, that's the pkg that does not run!
    thx

• Like Like x 1