1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Missing Previews in Komplete Kontrol

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Domodo, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackLEar

JackLEar New Member

RE: Arturia - it's just the plugins in the V Collection which are included in the VSTs (and AUs too I assume?). There shouldn't be any additional preview packages to install on the Arturia side from what I can tell: https://www.arturia.com/vcollection-update-71

Even so, I'm still at a loss as to why Native Instruments own Instruments (Scarbee Mark 1, Monark, Prism, and Razor) don't have previews.

2. Blindeddie

Blindeddie Well-Known Member

But Arturia would be responsible for creating the NKS presets and the Previews are linked to the Presets. If the VSTs are NKS Ready, the installer for the VST should have installed the previews...no additional package required, that is why you need to find out from Arturia if the Previews are supposed to be included with the VST installer if NKS ready. (BTW, presets are just prerecorded snippets of the instrument in action).

As for the NI stuff some did not originally come with Previews, that is why they created to Preview Download as an additional install... There are quite a few previews in the package so instead of modifying each individual installer to add previews, they chose to just have one download for previews

3. JackLEar

JackLEar New Member

Sorry, yes I'm aware of that with the 3rd party stuff - but what I'm saying if that from all I've read the VSTs within the Collection I'm using are NKS ready and there are no additional resources needed. It seems to be some sort of issue with my install. I'll park that for now for this thread.

Sounds like I do need this Preview Library licence then to enable my NI plugin previews for my other owned instruments?

Edit: Again, trying the installer and instruction from https://support.native-instruments....e-Native-Browser-Preview-Library-for-MASCHINE gives me the same installation failure message as the OP.

Edit 2: Okay, so I've found a fix. That installer fails, but seems to add a series of folders with long names and hidden ".preview" folders. Those long names are the UPIDs for the VSTs that you can look up using a doc I found here: Product UPIDs - Product UPIDs.pdf

Then it was a matter of looking up the UPIDs for my VSTs that were not working, and copying the .preview folders into the correct locations. This has worked for NI own plugins (Razor) and one of the Arturia Plugins (JUP v3) so far in testing. Eg: the folder names "c4b05e65-25b8-5f05-be87-679f04de8ca9" contains the previews for Jup v3 by Arturia.

I guess I'll have to go through each of the plugins by UPID and manually copy the .preview folders into place. Not great, but this looks like it'll get everything working without having NI's Plugin Library in my NA account.

Would still be useful to have the official NI support Preview Library on my Native Access so I don't have to do this every time I buy a new NKS supported Plugin!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  4. AJ317

AJ317 New Member

Hi Matt @ NI , I've had the same issue. And tried to PM you about it but it would not allow me to initiate a PM.

I did an installation of the Komplete Kontrol preview library on one of my Macs, running Mojave, from the public Google Drive linked ISO without issue.
    However, upon trying this method to install it on my newer 16" MacBook Pro with Catalina, I got the same "Installation Failed" result as this gentleman:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/no-preview.377657/#post-1891493

It appears that adding a license for preview helped remedy his issue, so could you add a license for preview for my account?
    PM me for account email.

Many thanks

5. JackLEar

JackLEar New Member

Hi AJ, I’m still waiting on a license too.

For a work around, check out. The steps I posted above. The installation may have failed, but I’ll bet that it still copied the 7GB of sample files across to your HDD.

Unhide files in Finder by pressing CMD+Shift+.

Then look for the .preview files in the default path, which should be: HDD/users/shared/NBPL/samples/

From there you can find the folder that matches the UPID of the VST using the PDF I attached, and copying the hidden .preview folder to the location Komplete Kontrol is indexing.

Took me about 30 mins but I’ve got all my 3rd party plugins behaving as expected now.

6. AJ317

AJ317 New Member

JackLEar

thanks for posting but this solution is not working for me, so I will need to wait on a license from Matt @ NI

or perhaps Tim @ NI could assist?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  7. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

8. Chris Dee

Chris Dee New Member

Hi matt i am having exactly the same issue can i PM you email also, thanks.

9. dolby111

dolby111 New Member

And me !!!
    Matt, Tim or anyone from NI, would you please make contact..
    I've tried installing preview a number of times now, and failed. Having just purchased an S61 mk2 with associated software (I already had Komplete Ultimate11 with 12 upgrade). and after having read some of the above, I input serial nos. for Machine 2 Essentials (installed) and Machine 2 Factory Selection (Failed) just to see what would happen..............so then attempted to install Kontakt Factory Selection (which was already in my package on Native Access) - that also failed.
    Help please !

10. Matt @ NI

This seems to be different to what we discussed here since you already see the licenses in NA.
    Please reach out to our deployment support so they can have a closer look at this: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002705378

11. Ricardo Felix

Ricardo Felix New Member

Hey I found the folders of the plugins that are not previewing but what do I do with them? I can't seem to fix the problem... Id appreciate some help

12. Ricardo Felix

Ricardo Felix New Member

13. Rubske

Rubske New Member

Hello Matt i have the same problem here..:(
    Please would you be so kind to help me?
    Best regards,

Robbie

14. darkogav

darkogav NI Product Owner

15. Matt @ NI

This article should be pinned to this thread somehow. Anyone having any issues with missing previews - please check the link below.
    If you're still not having success, you can contact our assistance directly here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

This thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.