1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Moonbeam's mods v2, beta 1

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Nick Moon, May 4, 2019.

1. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

The title says beta, I've found them pretty stable, though adding last minute things always adds risk. Anyway, here they are. I've set the ModPrefs.qml file values to pretty much follow the same behaviour as TP3

The MixerFX popup is probably something everyone would appreciate and once again feel angry with NI. It can be accessed via SHIFT+FX SELECT. The code for this could be re-used in other mods quite easily - the most complex part how it reads the FX that are assigned to MixerFX from the TP3 Traktor Settings.tsi file. On that note if you change a setting in TP3, you do need to restart TP3 for it to take effect on the D2/S8. Same true for ModPrefs.qml.

In terms of testing assistance, any D2 users who fancy trying the AB-CD rather than AC-BD deck layout, that would be appreciated. You will need to change the layoutIsACBD preference in ModPrefs.qml to true.

The attached draft/incomplete user guide includes the contents of the ModPrefs.qml file, with code highlighting to make it easier to read.

PLEASE POST ANY ISSUES IN https://www.native-instruments.com/...ues-found-with-moonbeams-mods-v2-here.355917/ AND KEEP THIS THREAD FOR GENERAL FEEDBACK

I've not checked it on Windows for a couple of months... I'll try and do that tomorrow!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Niotakis

Michael Niotakis NI Product Owner

congrats mate. looking forward to giving it a whirl

3. Nick Moon

After a bit of a break I'm starting work on some new features, I plan to do a Hotcue popup that allows users to not only Delete bit change the type, styled the same as the BPM, Key and (my) MixerFX popup. I'll probably leave SHIFT+pad as delete and then DECK+pad for the popup.

And also work on finishing the documentation for the last release!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Niotakis

Nick Moon, didn't realise you snuck that scratching feature into the current release. Will try give it a run tomorrow. I have enjoyed your mods so far despite having very limited time of late.

When I did give it a go ... 1 x D2 / Windows / TP3.1.1 ... i wasn't sure what the intended behaviour of the knobs and buttons directly under the display were. Are you able to quickly explain these?

5. Nick Moon

Ref p.13 of the draft user guide :)

So when footer of the screen display is in MIDI mode AND preference reuseMIDIControls is set to true (it will be unless you have changed it):

MIDI buttons
    Button 1 - back x beats (uses 2nd Traktor Beatjump preference; -1 is my preferred value)
    Button 2 - forward x beats (uses 3rd Traktor Beatjump preference; +1 is my preferred value)
    Button 3 - same function as clicking MASTER in Traktor (LED dim = off; LED bright = on)
    Button 4 - same function as clicking AUTO in Traktor (LED dim = off; LED bright = on)

SHIFT+Button 1 - back y beats (uses 1st Traktor Beatjump preference; -32 is my preferred value)
    SHIFT+Button 2 - forward y beats (uses 4th Traktor Beatjump preference; +32 is my preferred value)
    SHIFT+Button 3 - D2 only - toggle Snap on/off (LED dim = off; LED bright = on)
    SHIFT+Button 4 - D2 only - toggle Quantize on/off (LED dim = off; LED bright = on)

DECK+Button 1 - enable/disable keylock for Deck A
    DECK+Button 2 - enable/disable keylock for Deck B
    DECK+Button 3 - enable/disable keylock for Deck C
    DECK+Button 4 - enable/disable keylock for Deck D
    LED dim = keylock off; LED bright = keylock on

BACK+Button 1 - Unload track from Deck A
    BACK+Button 2 - Unload track from Deck B
    BACK+Button 3 - Unload track from Deck C
    BACK+Button 4 - Unload track from Deck D
    LED off = no track; LED dim = track loaded; LED bright = track playing

MIDI knobs
    Knob 1 – Deck A: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 0.1bpm
    Knob 2 – Deck B: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 0.1bpm
    Knob 3 – Deck C: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 0.1bpm
    Knob 4 – Deck D: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 0.1bpm
    Clarification - if deck not synced to another source it will adjust tempo for the Deck, otherwise Master Deck/Clock Tempo is adjusted

SHIFT+Knob 1 – Deck A: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 1bpm
    SHIFT+Knob 2 – Deck B: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 1bpm
    SHIFT+Knob 3 – Deck C: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 1bpm
    SHIFT+Knob 4 – Deck D: adjust Deck or Master Deck/Clock’s tempo by +/- 1bpm
    Clarification - if deck not synced to another source it will adjust tempo for the Deck, otherwise Master Deck/Clock Tempo is adjusted

MIDI sliders
    SHIFT+(touch top of)Slider 1 – Deck A - reset Tempo to track’s stored BPM
    SHIFT+(touch top of)Slider 2 – Deck B - reset Tempo to track’s stored BPM
    SHIFT+(touch top of)Slider 3 – Deck C - reset Tempo to track’s stored BPM
    SHIFT+(touch top of)Slider 4 – Deck D - reset Tempo to track’s stored BPM
    Clarification - if we are synced to either Master clock or another Deck then SYNC is switched off first rather than changing the master for potentially other decks. This action could easily be made a preference

6. thespirit

thespirit New Member

Hi Nick,

thank you for your coding work for Traktor Pro 3. Have you worked further on the Mod and is there a new release coming? This would be awsome, thank you for your work until now!

Greetings,
    thespirit

7. Nick Moon

Hi, thanks for the post! Here's where I'm at:
    1) Finishing the user guide is still no further progressed!
    2) I thought I'd wait for the dust to settle before rushing into upgrading to TP 3.2
    3) I have been working on a fairly major mod which is a pop-up to allow the Cue Point type to be changed. This has proven way more challenging than I'd expected but getting there - the main issue is the Cue Point is triggered - I hope I can work around so it behaves the same as TP 3 does.
    It works as follows - instead of SHIFT+PAD deleting a Cue Point, it displays a popup which allows the Cue Point to be deleted (SHIFT+BROWSE), or changed by rotating the BROWSE encoder. I've also started to move things over to using the Roboto font for the popups.
    4) Still trying to find the courage to look at 2 full waveforms and 2 stripes on a deck!

2019-07-30 22-51-31.png
    And after rotating BROWSE a couple of times:
    2019-07-30 22-51-37.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. JuanT

JuanT New Member

That cue editing feature seems very cool and handy, Nick. Awesome work. Keep it up!

9. Psyka

Psyka New Member

Hi Nick :)
    I try 3 differents mod of D2 and your is clearly the best for me. You make an excellent work, congrat! That's work perfectly with Traktor 3.2.
    I like particulary one thing, it's in the browser, now I can sort by release! It's very useful for me.
    Nevertheless in the browser of D2 we can't see the release.
    I try to mod your original file, I think it's this one : \qml\Screens\S8\Views\BrowserListDelegate.qml but I didn't make it.
    It's possible to add this in the D2 brother please?
    Like that for example :

-Title 1
    - Artist 1 / Release 1
    -Title 2
    - Artist 2 / Release 2
    -Title 3
    - Artist 3 / Release 3
    Traktor D2 mod - Brother with Release on it.jpg
    Like this.

That would be awesome :)
    Thank you guy.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  10. Nick Moon

Thank you for
    Thank you for the great feedback! I've not tested on 3.2 yet so thank you for confirming it appears to work ok. Very frustrating but you cannot display Release in the browser (I'll check 3.2 but unlikely they would have made any changes for the D2 & S8). This thread from a couple days ago back explains... https://www.native-instruments.com/...you-like-to-see-on-a-mod.354693/#post-1822703

In terms of next release - in addition to the cue editing popup (which I am going to adjust a bit - using in live scenario was awkward), I've been battling with a mod for parallel waveforms for weeks. One issue that I can't resolve so I may give up on that. I've changed the font to Roboto more or less throughout and looks a lot smarter.

11. Psyka

Psyka New Member

Hi :)
    I have updated a photo in my previous post. I think it's more understable.
    I will post it in the other thread for see.

I have not tested yet the cue editing popup. And for the parallel waveform, I don't know if it's very useful, not for me anayway.

Big thank for your work! ++

12. Nick Moon

What you have in the photo is what I wanted to do (as well as others) - Release can be displayed in the Browser

You can't test the cue editing popup yet because I have not released the next version - I'll make an announcement when I do.

13. Psyka

Psyka New Member

Ok, I can't wait to try the new fonctionnality with the cue editing.

And I hope you will arrive to put the release in the browser :)

Thank you again and have a good day.

14. LoopGti

LoopGti NI Product Owner

Hi, thanks very much for this mod. I'm using two D2s and this brought them to a new level. Hopefully they will work a few years since I like them very much...and much more with this mod :)

One thing I didn't understand is, where can I control the mixerFX encoder? In my old mapping I had that on midi encoder 1 and a "reset" switch on the button below.

As far as I understand, this encoder now controls the tempo and the midi buttons 1 + 2 do the same beatjump as on the pads in "loop mode".

What was your idea in terms of controlling mixerFX with the D2?

Again, I appreciate your very good work!

15. LoopGti

LoopGti NI Product Owner

I read the documentation another time and found the Setting to completely disable the midi controls.

With that I was able to map the MixerFx controls to the midi encoders.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Niotakis

Had a chance to get back into things Nick and am still enjoying what you've put together. It's well thought out. Cheers

17. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Hi Nick,

Firstly i would like to thank you for your wonderfull job! And would like to know, if there is some patreon/paypal account, where i can send you some "drink-money" :D I am using your S8 mods since TP2 :) With TP3 there is whole new universe of customization of this beast :D

So, today i tried Traktor beta (3.3.0 69), and your mod could not display loaded decks (stayed in initial empty mode). I compared original qmls from last working version with this update, and found out that in some files there is string replaced: from ".content.primary_key" to ".content.entry_key". Affected files are:

qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\DeckHeaderText.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\RemixStripe.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Deck\TrackDeck.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Waveform\SingleWaveform.qml
    qml\Screens\S8\Views\Waveform\WaveformContainer.qml

I was so impatient so i modified it myself - see attachment (for those impatient as me :D ) (also i found "playlist export as nml" causes really nasty crash, so i dont recommend "3.3.0 69" anyway - hopefully, they will fix all bugs in final release - finally i returned to 3.2.1).

Cheers :) and Merry christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  18. a5tr0

a5tr0 NI Product Owner

Just another note :) I wanted to use "Long push on DECK" to select MixerFX on pads while in "Live Input". I occasionally use microphone or simple line-in on "C" or "D" deck in a manner, that i can apply some efects to it. Your mod doesnt worked for MixerFX in this mode, so i modified it little to bring this functionality. It works now according my imagination :) (modifications are marked as "//a5tr0 start" and "//a5tr0 end" in attached "qml\CSI\Common\Deck_S8Style.qml"). :)

edit: fixed version in my next post

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Niotakis

I second that mate.

Your early concepts convinced me to buy an obsolete product and I haven't looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nick Moon

Wow... apart from checking my stuff out on TP3.2.1 I've not had time to do much with Traktor recently... I suppose I ought to get my mods onto github if people are starting to improve them - a5tr0 & Michael Niotakis thank you for giving me some much needed motivation. I'll aim to perhaps do the following and release an update before the New Year
    1. The Cue Point editing popup I was working on still needs a bit of bug fixing.
    2. I plan to implement some adjacent key matching stuff to bring the next release in line with TP3.2
    3. I've given up with parallel waveforms - there's still in TP3 that I can't access to do this properly
    4. I'll take on board work done by a5tr0 :)

• Like Like x 2