MPC 2.3 Out Now Your move Maschine!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by luneytunes, Nov 16, 2018.

1. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

Still no SC or PDC. WE got SC(Side-Chaining)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. smoovbeats

smoovbeats NI Product Owner

My MPC X loves this update.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Same here best purchase for me.. Just think how many MKI,II,III's studio purchases you guys have done over the years lets not forget micro.. one purchase X or live and software update smashes anything NI has done with maschine in 10 years of it being out.. pay now or pay later

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Nice update. I see more people showcasing just features via the hardware, and not actually finishing songs in the mpc software itself nowadays.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I don't see anything groundbreaking... 3 synths, arpeggiator and note repeat... To me it looks like Akai just wanted to catch up with NI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I also don't see what's so groundbreaking, at all, maybe I am missing something here but doesn't Maschine have most these features for years? I am seeing users frustrated with Maschine praising this MPC update like it has some crazy new stuff, I don't get it.
    The auto multi-sample instrument creator is thing is cool though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. certifiedbeatz

Hey D One turn off your Mac or PC and try it on maschine see if it works.. Until then dont hate something NI so called had for years..

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

your argument would be valid if it was 1990ish

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Honestly the only ones who don’t understand how dope this update is are the ones who haven’t owned or used one. Saintjoe seems to think Akai is way ahead of NI now, and he’s an experienced user of both platforms. 2 major updates in less than 2 years. How many major updates has NI had in that time outside of bringing stuff no one asked for?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. D-One

Ok... so it's a stand alone... but it already was.
    Hate!? I am not hating... Im no fanboy, im just confused about how these new features are so revolutionary.

Maybe that's why I don't understand how these basic features are so amazing, last MPC I owned was a 2500 so I only have a general idea of how the modern units work. Maybe you could explain?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Maybe you forgot about the Renaissance, studio, touch? but I do see the Live and X being around a very long time without any hardware changes. and they did a lot in such little time. Good-job Akai

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

If I remember correctly from a conversation we had earlier, you said you really didn’t use your MPC much when you had it. To me it’s always been about workflow more than bells and whistles offered. I will say that for the most part, outside of side chaining, PDC, and multi timbral support, everything that’s been reported as buggy, or suggested as being added has been delivered. I get a strong sense that Akai is really trying to give it’s comm what they’ve been asking for.. and it hasn’t taken 5-6 years like someone else to deliver either. I still kept my maschine studio because I’m a sucker for my toys, but it is obvious the work being done and the different attitudes towards customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

To me, this is the major part of the update and something that could be a significant boon for the MPC over Maschine.

I imagine the synths are very welcome for the standalone users not using hardware synths and wanting to add something not sample-based.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. certifiedbeatz

its major because there not just bug fixes like NI they are not just pushing out controller after controller with nothing to add for the software side.. its ground breaking because they are listen and building new as well old fans!

Anything with AKAI's name on it in this forum dominates until the Mods move it because there nothing to build on from NI.

in 14 months Akai went from 2.0 -2.3 with big improvements.

NI went from 2.0 - 2.7 in 5 years with features added back from 2009..

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

The main thing being at least for me is that it all works standalone. Maschine has practically unlimited resources. Adding a synth or three is no big deal. Adding that to what is essentially a chrome book with pads and the limited resources it has is actually pretty cool.

I never really “got” stand-alone until I bought the MPC Live. Now I get it.

Also you have to look at the amount of time it took Akai to get here versus NI with Maschine this is just version 2.3 of the software. Maschine 2.0 came out in 2013 it took them two years to reach 2.3. It took Akai a year and in that year the software has had more major features added than in the same time it took NI. NI added the Bass Synth in what 2.6/7 or so?

On top of that feature specifically asked for in the forums like menu shortcuts and being able to navigate with q-links are in the software because their rep is On the forums all the time actually listening to and responding to feedback.

Akai is not perfect but they actually seem to care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. D-One

Yes. I had it for 6 months, pretty easy unit to learn but it is kind basic compared to the newer MPC's which offer a ton more functionality.

So what your saying is it's not just about the features per-se but more about Akai listening to their userbase and delivering at a propper pace?
    I can dig that, and would agree that's more important than fancy features if that's actually happening because it pretty much means what people want is around the corner.

Good point, never thought of that. The numbers don't necessarily mean much though... a software can be v1.0 and be more advanced than another one that is v9.0 (not saying that is the case or that Maschine is better than an MPC, that's subjective)

If they care idk... But at least they make an effort to engage with the community which is good for the public perception.
    Just replying doesn't mean much to me personally, the KK-S forum has a ton of replies and it doesn't seem to make the development shift towards what users actually request.

I guess so, I don't value/need the stand-alone's aspect so it means nothing to me that they collab with a 3rd party instrument company to make some built-in synths, but I can see how it has value for people that do need/like a stand-alone and are willing to pay it's price tag.
    In my specific world, 3 built-in instruments can't compare to Komplete.

2000€ for the MPC-X is unthinkable for me but the Touch started to look tempting now...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Depends what you do with them. ;)

18. D-One

Sure... but that's true for anything even a broken flute your got in a pawnshop for 1$

19. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

1. You're getting ripped off with that $1 broken flute deal. :p
    2. Comparing three VA plugin synths on a standalone groovebox with Komplete is like comparing oranges with apples though, no? :)

20. D-One

HAHA
    Yeah, of course. But don't we all compare unfairly based on our personal needs and what we own? I mean people compare Maschine to DAW's everyday even though they are total opposites.

Anywhoooo... I want to give the MPC Live a go now, maybe i'll sell my Push since I barely use it and get one used to try it out. Is the only difference between the Touch and Live the stand-alone aspect? Can any MPC users advise? Does Komplete work well inside MPC software? Imma go create a MPC forum account.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018