Multi-instrument in Kontakt loaded in Komplete Kontrol has plugin knob pages changed?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by CPAF, Aug 9, 2019.

1. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

So for powerusers of Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol:

I am setting up a template in Cubase with all my instruments, and I use Komplete Kontrol as "host" of all the plugins. Now I have Session Strings Pro 2 and to get all the articulations changable via expression maps I make a multi of three Violas fx. Each viola has different articulations, they all go to the same instrument track in Cubase and are on different midi channels so the expression map works (you can't change what keyswitch note they use, but you can change the midi channel so thats just as good):

upload_2019-8-9_9-26-30.png

Notice up top, that the Knob pages are the same as usual! If one is moved, all three instances in the multi of that parameter are changed. Perfect!

To get this, I simply dragged and dropped the patch "Violins Mod - Motif" in to kontakt view. After this the knob pages was a mess.
    But then finally I double-clicked on the patch which only reset the first of the three instances but got the knob pages right again!

Great, now I want to do this for Session Horns Pro too. It is the same company who makes it, and the plug-ing layout/style is much the same. But alas, the above method doesn't work - the knob pages ends up scrambled, and if I double-click on the patch it removes the all the instances - no kontakt multi (notice the knob page):

upload_2019-8-9_9-31-16.png

Any one has any insights to why this is happening, and why it works with SSP2 but not SHP?

I also tried with Spitfire Bernard Hermann Composer Toolkit, doesn't work there either..

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

KK doesn't really fully support working with Kontakt multis.

3. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

So it's just a weird coincidence that the SSP2 works fine?

I was hoping there was a button in Kontakt you had to press to keep the knob pages as is, instead of getting new ones from Kontakt when making a mulit, but as usual the world isn't that easy...

You wouldn't happen to know any better way to switch between all articulations via expression maps with SHP?

Cause I can of course just make it a normal multi, and do it as stated above, but then, when I adjust something in say instance 1, I have to do the same adjustment for instance 2 and 3 every time. It seems like a heckle... And otherwise I will make a preset from instance 1, that all instances use in the end - maybe thats the smartest way...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2019
  4. EvilDragon

Actually there is such option, it's called "Unwind automation IDs for additionally loaded patches" and it's in Kontakt's Options->Load/import. You would have that disabled in your case.

5. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

Ah found it!

But unfortunately, it still does not manage to keep the knob pages in Komplete Kontrol when making the multi :s!

6. EvilDragon

Yeah then nothing else I can suggest, except not using multis in KK really :)