MV-8000/8800 and Maschine Together

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by arftech, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arftech

arftech New Member

i have the MV-8000 but would like to purchase a different type of solution (Maschine). The question is how can both Maschine and the MV coexist together in the production arena? The bottom line is I want to implement both.

Thanks NI Family,

Al F

2. keesimo

keesimo Forum Member

Sit Maschine and the Mv next to eachother and let the mv collect dust instead of Maschine, jk

Before I got rid of my mv I used it as a host to support my keyboards because of the midi and synced them all into maschine.

3. JakeGilla

JakeGilla New Member

Yeah, if you love your MV like I did, do not buy Maschine. They are pretty much the same thing, and in my opinion conflict more than complement each other.

4. arftech

arftech New Member

Guys, actually you can probably use both. They may not complement each other well but moving between both will not hamper you; it can only make you better in the long run. Being familiar with the old and new is a good thing!

Peace!

Al F

5. keesimo

keesimo Forum Member

Yea the only reason i got rid of a lot of gear i had was to make room, i miss most of them.

6. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

you can also midi sync the two. I am not a pro with the MV so I am not sure how it handles file transfers but you can also use drag and drop audio to good effect..

7. Sinosure

Sinosure Forum Member

Well I have the MV & I'm not parting with her! I made that mistake when I had my MPC 2kxl, lol. One, I don't have Maschine, but I'm getting it soon. Two, the MV is a LEGACY unit according to Roland now, so it will be highly sought after some time down the line. Three, having both IMHO, helps more than hurt. I plan to use both. Yes, the MV may be done as far as evolving, BUT, it's COMPLETE with hardly an issue! Maschine will be my more portable solution. I know this is where the future is headed, Maschine IS evolving with constant updates, so I'm fine with that. For me, I don't have the gear I use to, so both these units will compliment my needs well. One total hardware, & one the "new" software/hardware hybrid! Keep in mind Maschine is run by computer, so even if the MV collects dust, learn it & it will be there if you have computer issues. Remember, the MV is one complete unit to do everything start to finish. Just my two cents!

8. AKKNOWLEDGE

AKKNOWLEDGE NI Product Owner

Man my MV8k is still a beast, after getting my hands on Maschine its been hard for me to go back. Since i respect my MV so much for what it can do and has done for alot of producers is i build a closed glassed shelf to put it in. So when the day comes when all power is lost in the world, ill still have my MV8000 to power everything in my house.....and still make music.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.