My APC40 TSI for TRAKTOR PRO

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by acg3_Tf, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

After trying out some of the other TSIs for this controller I decided none of them had the controls I was looking for and I just found it easier to map my own from scratch. I’ve benefited from the wealth of knowledge found in these forums (and the web in general) so I thought I should add my small contribution ;) See jpeg for all map assignment details!

Things to know about this mapping…

1) Start the APC40 first then Traktor.
    2) To have deck focus work correctly, at the start of your session you need to calibrate the controller which takes less than a minute. Press the Track Selection buttons 1-4 and adjust Device Controls 1-8 one at a time so they reflect 12:00. Deck focus will calibrate as you are doing this and will work now for the rest of your session. A big feature I didn’t find with any of the other TSIs.
    3) Only one modifier, Shift.
    4) Play has a macro with Sync. Shift + Play equals pause; this is a safety feature so you don’t accidentally stop the music.
    5) Seek is actually Cue Move as this moves through the track much smoother in my opinion.
    6) Device Control depends on Track Selection 1-8 and Master.
    6) Track Selection 1-4 corresponds with Deck A-D. Device Control Knobs 1-4 are EQ Bands. The buttons directly below knobs 5-8 are for FX assign 1-4 on the mixer.
    6) Track Selection 5-8 corresponds with FX 1-4. FX parameters 1, 2 and 3 are mapped to 1, 2 and 3. Use Device on and off to turn the FX on and off.
    6) Browser and additional loop options are under the master channel.

I couldn’t figure out how to have the hotcues not light up when there isn’t one mapped. Maybe somebody can help me with this. Either way there is some led feedback which helps with knowing what deck you’re on. I did my best to label everything in the jpeg attached. S+ means with shift. Let me know if you have any questions and please let me know what you think. Be constructive please as this is only version 1.0! I hope you enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

Also, here is a screen shot of how I have my layout. I thought it might be helpful.

Attached Files:

3. Stu V

Stu V NI Product Owner

Hiya, when I load this TSI I get an empty controller section, any ideas?

Stu

4. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

Open Traktor and import the TSI, now turn on the APC 40. Make sure you've selected the controller under Controller Manager > Device and the corresponding usb ports. Close Traktor now. Turn on the APC first then start Traktor again.

Let me know if this helps

I've made some updates to this TSI...I'll post after my gigs this weekend for those that are interested.

5. DJ MC1

DJ MC1 Forum Member

Thanks for posting the TSI file for the APC. I haven't been able to get it to load yet, although I tried while the kids were begging for dinner. Will have another go later. Do you have updates to this version? Cheers, JM

6. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

Yeah I have updates to it but I won't have an image or time to tell you what the updates are until next week. I have attached my TSI though. I'm confused why you can't load it; it is working great for me.

This is my 3rd controller for Traktor that I've tried and I really dig finally having full control over 4 decks. Although I haven't tried the X1 yet, I'll have a hard time justify buying 2 of them to get the same control that I have now.

Please keep trying as it’s been really pleasing for me. Again, I’ll have an updated image soon to match the TSI next week.

Attached Files:

7. DJ MC1

DJ MC1 Forum Member

Ok cool, I got it working for the most part. I can't select any other focus for any decks except deck A. I also haven't been able to get the efx to work yet. I tried to map the x fader but it didn't stick. Thanks so much for your work on this tsi. I plan on gigging out with it tonight for my first ever traktor gig. Everything else in the tsi is solid. Any thoughts on why my efx don't work? I can adjust loop sizes. Cheers

8. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

If you're using the new TSI that's what has changed; Efx, loops and more. You turn efx on via activator 7-8 and the loop for each deck is know device control knob 5/button 1 when on deck focus via track selection.

Follow the instructions on how to calibrate the deck focus. Track selection 1 adjust device control knob 1-8, track selection 2 adjust device control knob 1-8 and repeat for track selection 3 and 4. I'd go into more detail but I have a gig here in a minute so I have to run... talk soon.

Peace

c

9. itsapandemic

itsapandemic New Member

Like some of the people above I cant get it to register either. Ive tried both apc40.tsi and the second one. I also followed your instructions on the import but nothing is showing up. any help would be greatly appreciated!

10. Marco78Polo

Marco78Polo New Member

Does anybody know how to restore the old settings after importing this

11. acg3_Tf

acg3_Tf New Member

Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week and I'm trying to find the time.

Importing TSI settings seems to be elementary to me but maybe I should put together a video tutorial to get people up to speed.

12. itsapandemic

itsapandemic New Member

I know how it should be imported and im pretty sure everything correctly but nothing registers and nothing comes up. A video would be great when ever you get a chance.

13. bluenose

bluenose New Member

Hi, interesting TSI, thanks for posting. You did some cool stuff with this that I have been trying to figure out. Hope you are still reading, this post is pretty old!

Your loop controls work great, but I'm a bit in the dark how you got the behaviour to work where all but the selected one light up. Is this because the default behaviour of the button is to turn the LED off? Could this work in reverse where ONLY the selected loop LED was lit? I have been struggling to get this to work for ages!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.