1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NAMM Traktor Announcement - News Now Available

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by PhilL, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Nah the post won't go *poof * but you would do well to be as accurate in your dealings with others as you can. To anyone who cares you can email me for a copy of the email message. Not its not flame-ware its strictly factual. there were no threats or other underhanded matters There was no vidiction involved

Further discussion on the forums is unwarranted, if you want to discuss it Email is the appropriate place.

Phil

2. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

As would you my friend...

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

jesus, havent you still understood something??!
    you can't imagine how far your speculation is from the truth.
    sadly, really sadly, i have to keep my mouth shut.

the thing you're talking about was independent from what i wrote in that posting few days ago.

anyways, this is not the place: my email is freshfluke AT freshfluke DOT de - i guess a clever lawyer and with open eyes on my sig could have been there in 2 clicks. whateva.

4. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

quality drama :D

5. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

btw. will there be vista drivers for audio dj 8 ?

6. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

Judging by past performance probably in Traktor 5.12 lol :)

7. PhilL

Dunno had not thought much about it, But I will ask. I don't think you'll see WaveRT drivers but I should expect WDM drivers for Vista would be needed. On the other side of things given how well vista audio performs (NOT!!!)

I would think plans to go to Vista should be on hold till there is a much better picture about it. Right now I'm hearing people screaming about p!ss-poor audio performance on other apps. My personal experience showed it was awful when I tested Traktor in Dec and Early Jan and driver versions have not changed. I'm normally one to get all over such upgrades however this time I ain't gonna even touch Vista with Spiritouks bits... ;-) Its on a dev box and thats it for now for me.

Phil

8. DJ Vivid

DJ Vivid NI Product Owner

excellent post--many of us have gone through the same situation and are feeling the same way.

"When lots of other DJ's I knew were moving to SSL, I kept telling everyone that staying with FS was the way to go"

exactly, we didn't stay with FS because we loved staton--screw them...we know their dirty tricks and poor customer service--we did so because of NI.

NI PLEASE don't let Stanton rub off on you--do the right thing and provide a traktor scratch vinyl timecode crossgrade option to work with FS2 Amp for you EXISTING CUSTOMERS or a sensible upgrade price as above. Or as djmook says: "I'm debating switching to SSL, Ableton, or flipping to CD's til the industry sorts itself out." but include Torq in there too and many others will be doing the same--as anything associated with Stanton or NI would be viewed as one in the same.

9. PhilL

@VIVID, The 'crossgrade' option is the one to go for.

10. Everglow

Everglow NI Product Owner

When will the Crossgrade deal be available?

11. PhilL

Sameday as the Product Ships I think.

Phil

12. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

thats a good question ...
    on the one hand it will a nice sign for the existing customer base to have the opportunity to receive as soon as possible, maybe as "early bird"
    on the other side, I'm not sure that I want to be a beta tester for the new hardware

somewhere there was a statement "only available for a short time". I hope that this period isn't too short.

I'm completely disappointed that NI doesn't support Vinyl Control with there own Timecode Vinyls via SA2.
    But I'm not sure if I want quit using Traktor, so maybe I have no other choice than to upgrade. But before I do so, I want to be sure, not to waste another 400€ :-(

13. smutek

smutek NI Product Owner

My advice, do it. NI has went down hill ever since it was bought out by Haliburton.

Just Kidding (the Haliburton part.... :p )

I've been using ableton since march of 2003, can't say enough about it as a production and live performance tool.

I used Traktor 2 for a bit for djing, but coming from a vinyl background I was really craving a digital vinyl solution. Following these forums closely, and also after my own experience with NI support regarding traktor, FS was never an option for me.

I purchased SSL in October and could not be happier. It's a solid, stable product with low system requirements, no bloat, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do right out of the box. Serato employes actually interact with the users in a meaningful way on the forums (something I also like about Ableton), ask for feed back regarding developments, listen and respind to that feedback, and are forthcoming about future plans. The product is under constant development, and version upgrades, additional features, and bug fixes are free. Rewire and/or midi clock is supposed to be added in a future version and for me that will bring it full circle. If I need more than straight up vinyl emulation I will sync to ableton, but for now there are work around's.

Seriously, I could not be happier with SSL. So, as far as NI goes, though Traktor is the only product I've purchased and used, you could say I've jumped ship. I've really really wanted to get into Reaktor, for years now, but after my experiences with traktor I decided that I will never give another one of my dollars to Native Instruments, theirs is a business model that I simply refuse to support, especially given the (in my opinion) superior products and support offered by the competition. Sorry, not trying to step on toes, but as a Traktor owner I feel it is my right to express my opinion. The offer of a "competitive cross-grade" nearly made me spit soda all over my monitor....

Anyway.... just my .02

As usual Phil, hats off to you for all of your hard work on this forum. If people like Phil were running the show over at NI then the story would probably be much happier.

14. DJ Freshfluke

i'll bet it will be short...

@ smutek: no need to comment your posting further since you've been ignoring the last 3 years of work i was doing here, thank you very much!

15. smutek

smutek NI Product Owner

Native Girl,

:-(

I feel really bad. Understand that most of the interaction I have had with mods on this forum has been with Phil. That was a late night post and my omission of your name was in no way deliberate or meant to devalue your hard work and worth to this forum. I'm really sorry that it came off that way. I offer you my humble and sincere apologies.

The last line of that post really should have read "As usual Phil and Native Girl, hats off to you for all of your hard work on this forum. If people like the two of you were running the show over at NI then the story would probably be much happier."

Seriously, sorry for the oversight. You are just as much of a positive force and a help here, and even though I obviously am not a fan of NI I am appreciative of the work and dedication put in by people like you.

In "typical male" fashion, I offer you some virtual orchids to make up for my Neanderthal blunder...

[​IMG]

16. djohh

djohh NI Product Owner

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone, especially to you Native Girl... I also convey Smutek sentiments... He did n't mean to leave you out.

I have not read this forum, since I beta-tested the last Traktor upgrade last year. As a beta tester (no better tester) I felt priveleged and part of the NI (end I) family.

I was finally...no we were finally approaching that light at the end of the tunnel..after so many bug fixes and crashes that we all endured in our allegiance to making Traktor..the one.
    But as we approached that light it soon became evident that it was n't the light at the end of the tunnel but the light from the Traktor Scratch train that was speeding towards us (better testers) to run us of the tracks.

At that moment I jumped and landed smoothly on the SSL train that was going the other way.

As I gazed backwarded, I could hear the screams of anguish and suffering of all my fellow better-testers as they protested and pleaded for mercy... "What did we do, oh mighty NI?", they asked. "we were your guinea pigs, we sacrificed our own gigs and reputations to prove that taraktor was the one." "..and even when it broke down in the middle of the mix, we were not put off..sure our clients gave us dirty looks and maybe we lost a few referrals...but it was all for you , oh mighty NI" "Please don't forsake us now, is this the price we have to pay for our loyalty, your NIceness"...

For now, for me while I wait to see what your crossgrade options are...it is So So Long...

17. PhilL

WTF!?
    Maybe it went down that way in your parallel reality, but I'm not remembering it happening that way in ours? Or, maybe I was just over medicated and missed it??? ;-)

Phil

18. DJ Freshfluke

@ smutek: ok and accepted! :)

@ djooh: i must say, i wasnt very happy with the first T3 release (none of us moderators and other honorable beta-testers appearing here in the board) were and i used 2.6 up until 3.0.2 was released, i think.

there were still things to improve and even now in 3.2.0 (for me, as i'm using timecode control) there are things that could be better, but T3 did not ever crash on me or fail in a live situation.

and even with the latest ressource hungrier versions i could use my low-spec acer (still in my sig) after doing the recommended tweaks of the manual and here without any problems at a scratchamp latency of 6ms.

i think this is pretty good and i really dont need to complain and whine. indeed, i'm personally convinced with the new traktor scratch tightness. ssl has a real competitor now! ;-)

19. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

They are both doing a great job here. As well as Hobbes did back in the days (peace out to Hobbes as well!). :)

20. PhilL

Yeah thats true!!! Even us dishonorable mods were not smiling about 3.0 when it came out in late 2005, however my dire predictions did not come true in the vast majority of cases. Since then much has been done to improve things in most cases.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.