1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

NAMM Traktor Announcement - News Now Available

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by PhilL, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

If you read the bottom of the post just as Phil told me to do, you DON'T have to get the software + hardware.

You will be able to buy the Audio 8 box seperately with Vinyl/CD's.
    That way you can use it with the full Traktor suite.

2. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Was really hoping for a controller......I guess I'm going to have to start working with and hauling my tables around with me again or maybe not. I dont speak for a lot of people but I dont really care to use a scratch amp or tables. (just what I like no offense to anyone) I hope some of the other controllers will give scratch funtions and works well with Traktor 3. My money will be spent on the best solution/products/product support for what I am tring to accomplish. I hope traktor will remain part of my setup. Right now I quess thats in the hands of a third party.

3. djdrixx

djdrixx NI Product Owner

Web site updated :)

4. Charles Felicio

Charles Felicio NI Product Owner

5. Steveborough

Steveborough NI Product Owner

Why was I so anxiously awaiting this announcement?

Because i wanted a reason to dump Stanton and stick with NI. No controller/card combo means I cant make any jump for whatever bogus discount.

Its a dilemna but us SA2 owners still have the upper hand, here's why:
    1)Best Sound Card on the market (SA2)
    2)Can <i>soon</i> pick the best software available (sorry NI)
    3)Midi Controller heaven as of today.

And why do you ask does a standardized (AISO, etc...) sound card such as the SA2 need an SDK? Because Stanton plans to incorporate the SA2 into an awesome controller in the next few months. A controller that interacts with its host DJ software like never before. What we were (are still) waiting for.

I imagine an upgrade where current SA2 owners will either trade-in for the combined unit or Stanton will offer a cardless controller that works in conjunction with the SA2.
    We will have justice!

6. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

i want to buy 2 timecode vinyls + traktor 3.x.x.x.x.x which has traktor scratch implemented and use it together with my scratchamp 2.

this is possible ??? i dont think so :(

7. DiDigital

DiDigital NI Product Owner

8. djquartz

We don't know that yet. I could see NI allowing ASIO support of the SA2 but you have to user their vinyl.

Simple enough if you don't want to get the whole Traktor Scratch solution.

It will keep existing users and draw new ones who have the SA2 already.

For me personally, I prefer the peace of mind of dealing with the same company for both the hardware and software. NI is an ACTUAL software company but more importantly they make their own hardware too.

They have 100% control and that is what I seek.

9. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

10. djquartz

We'll see...

11. fenixdahouseket

fenixdahouseket Forum Member

yeah that would be nice, just upgrading our Timecode vinyls, and that's it !

12. djquartz

13. jdrada

jdrada NI Product Owner

I waited all day for this... Where is my controller??? What is this ****? Is there any pricing for existing FULL Traktor 3 owners??? WTF??? Once again loyal customers get the shaft...

14. djdrixx

djdrixx NI Product Owner

I' m intrigued with the new cables things.
    Can someone get me some more info about it, pics, ...
    Thanks

15. gblr_Tf

gblr_Tf Forum Member

TRAKTOR SCRATCH Upgrade Kit for users of AUDIO 8 DJ

€269 / $299
    Includes:
    DJ Software based on TRAKTOR 3
    2 TRAKTOR SCRATCH multi-core cables
    2 timecode records plus 2 timecode CDs
    Manual
    Only available from our Online Shop

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=tspricing_us

uhhhh ... that's really cheap! 2 cds, 2 vinyls and a trimmed-down version of traktor 3 for €270 ... oh, sorry, i forgot the »multi-core cables«

16. djquartz

17. alexrandom

alexrandom NI Product Owner

Okay, may be me being dense here.

Traktor Scratch is available to T3 users as a crossgrade and gives vinyl control using NI hardware, and Traktor scratch software.

Traktor Scratch is a cut down version of T3? or 'feature limited' focussed on vinyl as in TFS 1.5, 2 etc

I can't seem to find any info that says T3 (full version) will be able to use TScratch vinyl control through new NI new hardware? Obviously a new realease would be required.

Does this mean that ppl who will want to use full features of T3 and Traktor Scratch 3 will not be able to with the same app? This would not be very good. I'm sure it would not be the case, but can someone re-assure me?

18. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Re: Announcing The Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ

First off you need to seperate out Stanton an NI as companies. One does NOT equal the other. Stanton since the release of FS2 did almost nothing of real substance to support FS2 users in my personal opinion. Stop and consider where your product support came from for the last 2 years. Also remember the loss of support for FS2 in Traktor 3.2 as of Dec 31 was not by NI's choice, it was enforced legally and we had to litterally scramble at the end of testing and in the last month of the year to remove the support before the deadline, only to have Stanton announce 18 days later that Final Scratch HARDWARE was going to become an open product for other software packages to leverage. Who the hell is playing games with you here? It Sure as HELL is NOT NI. You would have FS support today if Stanton had not Forced NI to remove that support and then open up the product to all comers less than 3 weeks later. NI has supported you since FS intgration came to Traktor and they continued to support you all the way. Stanton effectively your support and you are pissed at NI that makes less than NO Sense to me, help me out here...

That was the plan originally but Stanton put paid to the idea. To be honest I don't know how the FS open announcement will change things. I think Friedemann sprang a leak when he read about it, From my perspective, given that Stanton knew what they were about to do, this action is completely inexcusable.

Ity was a business agreement that got terminated, I don't know that its correct to infer there is bad blood between the two companies and its not appropriate to infer that there is bad blood unless we know for sure.

Very very Specifically, what exactly was it that NI did or said that makes you feel NI took advantage? If there is a case to answer I would very much like to hear it so I can take it up with Friedemann.

Let me be 100% totally crystal NI are NOT using Stanton FS2 Time Code! They developed their own more accurate higher resolution Timecode for Traktor Scratch so cross company problems are not at issue here.

So why are we arguing this point?

Its the same thing if you go to Serato so your argument seems invalid.

19. LNE

LNE Forum Member

if you need dvs on 2 turntables and 2 outs, b/w of usb 1.1 is enough (look at ssl, q.e.d.);

Another aspect:

How ironic is it, that NI has to remove FS support of TDJ3 due to "LEGAL REASONS" and no Stanton announces the Open Final Scratch?!?

Sorry, sounds like NI made up legal reasons as cheap excuse of them not WANTING to support the FS technology (timecode and SA1/SA2).

*EDIT: If it is correct what Phil just posted, then Stanton totally screwed NI - let it be removed and then announce Open FS - BUT: WHAT IS OPEN FS, if just the HARDWARE was opened? people used the SA2 with virtualdj or mixvibes or other tools already - its an asio soundcard! So, either Open FS is just a "marketing gag" or also the FS timecode is open now - if the later is the case, NI COULD implement FS support again (but still got screwed by NI ;) )

Another speculation: seems like NI and stanton do not part as friends...

But anyway: I look forward to see how the DVS in Traktor Scratch works and how they solve USB issues mentioned in the 6 year old RME article - 4 ins and 4 outs is extremely exciting; T3 is a great software and bundled with a great hardware, it might set a new standard. Hopefully NI goes video soon aswell...

20. mal1ce

mal1ce NI Product Owner

So if I understand, all I ned to do as a full T3 owner is apply the current upgrade (which has the new NI timecode?), get an Audio 8, and I'm set.

If thats the case, I don't see what all the fuss is about, seems fair enough to me.

Phil, can you comment on this from the website:
    The TRAKTOR SCRATCH software is based on the powerful TRAKTOR 3 engine, but specifically tweaked for turntable/CD DJs.

What has been tweaked? The timecode?
    Also, does Scratch have 4 decks or 2?

....oh, and do either version have a loop counter?
    *runs and hides*
    :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.