1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Need help modifying Skrewell if possible

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by killmaster, Feb 8, 2020.

1. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

This is fantastic! Thank you so much Paule! I'm up and running in Bitwig using my XY pad without a glitch (except for WRAP mode which isn't much use anyways). This is great cause I have real time control of all 8 voice's parameters now!! I really appreciate you spending the time on this. Hopefully it could be of use to other people as well!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

FIXED: wrap function: x/y r007

Attached Files:

4. killmaster

r007 Works about the same as it did. The XY works for DRAW and RAND but the WRAP function doesn't work like it did with the mouse.
    Every voice gets the same X value no matter where on the grid it is. So the result is that all voices go up and down along Y at the
    same X value. Its really find like this. I can control all voices and raise the Y value for all voices together using the XY pad. I doubt I'd use the
    WRAP function anyways... Thanks!

5. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Mayhaps another builder find a better connection. This was my first mouse to xy transfer. Like a jump in icy water.

6. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

From Greg: all the changes I have to make to get the IDs to show up in a host.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. killmaster

TG-8H works perfectly! The external XY pad assigned drives the voice panel in all 3 modes correctly! So now its an even more playable instrument if you want to use an external controller instead of a mouse! Thank you for the great work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

9. killmaster

Hi Paule, been playing around with the slomomo versions of TG-8H and Skrewell and they are superb! I had no idea how generatively interesting they could be. Just having it drive pitch is a beautiful thing! And I like the implementation of it too. I can use it and switch it off without messing with my remote setup.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theologiae

theologiae NI Product Owner

wow, ghosts from the past. it's been years since i checked into the forums, and all that work i did in the past is still around. crazy!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Yes, Greg wants away from the mouse area and I build him a version with faders!
    That wasn't okay for his Bitwig. From the searching field 'Skrewell' and the fader version from 12/2007 I come to your post.
    That's all - the internet never sleeps - all is here.
    Thanks theologiae.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2020-2-11_19-43-48.png
    On a mouse area are 4 inputs. What happens to hook an X/ Y to BX/ BY?
    Can we use the bundle-in or is this for sample maps only?

13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner