1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

New Hardware video and Traktor Pro 3 announced

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by sndrsklr, Sep 6, 2018.

1. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  2. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I’d like the “D2” version of these platters please!

Interesting times ahead!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sndrsklr

The S4 is not for me so I hope there‘ll be something else hardware wise. I‘m still hoping for a new Z2...

Curious to see what the new software has to offer. On first glimpse I can only see a slightly changed GUI and colored cue points.

4. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  5. MixMasterG

MixMasterG NI Product Owner

The hardware looks awesome, but the small print makes me kind of "hold on"
    This is made for "Traktor Pro 3" and if I dig a bit further on the NI site, it says "October 18, 2018". So it's not available yet and we've to see what Traktor Pro 3 will be like.
    I'm on hold until then but the MK3 sure looks like something I want to try.

[edit] Based on the various sources which claim "Traktor 3" will be a continuation of the current Traktor 2, off the same code base. NI will have my money for the new S4 looks like I'm about to upgrade my track preparation station :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. Dj Duzgo

Dj Duzgo New Member

Something is coming my friend!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. MiFa1969

MiFa1969 NI Product Owner

8. sndrsklr

Hope that´s true. For me a Z2 MK2 would also be enough but I´ll keep an open mind about a Z4.

9. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

IOS and HUB labels rear these are promising...

10. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

S4 looks so sexy and unique it also reminds that moment when MK1 just released. Awesome job NI

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. elmooso

elmooso New Member

Are you perhaps unfamiliar with the NS7?

12. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Overdue if true, but would be welcome all the same, particularly for going back to back with friends on a combined CDJ and Traktor setup. If it's the same size or slightly wider by 2cm, would also fit my current DJ coffin in place of the Z2, which would be an added bonus.

13. sangdogg

sangdogg NI Product Owner

I know what it is
    My "unique" meaning goes to "design".

14. Pesict

Pesict NI Product Owner

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  15. dj abraxo

dj abraxo New Member

Get an S8 then

16. dj abraxo

dj abraxo New Member

Oic what you meant.
    At that point they might as well just do traktor integrated cdj style decks.
    Idk why they didnt just do that with this new hardware.

17. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

Competing with Denon and Pioneer would be a very costly endeavor with a very low profit margin. The risk vs benefit coupled with an extended ROI would not make sense for any company.

While you might counter by saying Denon was taking a huge risk, Denon also is umbrella'ed below the InMusic brand. InMusic will have plenty of currently successful products to fall back on. Whereas, NI will not.

18. dj abraxo

dj abraxo New Member

No one has a crystal ball, you have to take risks sometimes. Not like it was their money anyway, someone gave them the money to do what they pleased.
    Idk about you, but I wasn't expecting to go back to 2012.

19. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

It's not free money. The investment wasn't from a magic fairy that said, "Here is some free money. Throw it in a bonfire and watch it glow!" All investments must have a guaranteed return.

If you don't think that the risk is too high, gather some investors and make it happen on your own. I wish you good luck and godspeed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kevin Becher

Kevin Becher NI Product Owner

My thoughts as well.
    I could also live without the motors and rather have a larger passive jog with a center display.