1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New version for iPhone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by ardkor, Sep 17, 2014.

1. ardkor

ardkor Member

Any info about an updated version of Traktor DJ for the iPhone6 plus, i.e. more like the iPad version?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

No information at this time.

3. kimhill

kimhill NI Product Owner

The iPhone 6+ screen is great. Traktor needs to use it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jnoahrubin

jnoahrubin New Member

Just purchased the iPhone 6+. As an avid user of Traktor DJ on my phone, I look forward to the potential of new features given the expanded screen real estate!

5. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Do you really expect a iPhone6+ modified version ?

The NI developer team are even not able or willing to fix simplest bugs or enhancements requests which are older than 1 year: examples:
    own NI Audio 2 hardware still not supported, metadata sync bugs since month, show simple label of original bpm missed, recommend songs based on playlists not possible, manual beatmacthing with S4 and key lock off disabled, simple view of comment tags in song browser missed ... And no feedback from NI about all these pains, no hint to any roadmap

There are so many open issues, some of them could be done in a few days ....

So honestly, instead of wasting developer weeks or month in a new version I would recommend asap they should start to fix welknown bugs and listen to old old customer requests first !!

My coin. :

• Like Like x 2
  6. ibob

ibob Active Member

On point :(

7. Kg_Sova

Kg_Sova New Member

Anyone using the 6 plus professionally? Planning on using mine to replace my ipad

8. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

@Kg_Sova: Meanwhile we got an answer from a NI developer, see here:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/f...2-kontrol-z1-and-ios-8-1.229425/#post-1337241

" .. The iPad Mini, Air (and the rest of the iPads) all use the same graphics. The iPhone versions have a slightly different workflow and graphic assets. With the iPhone 6 and 6+, the graphics are being "stretched" automatically by the OS from the iPhone 4/5 assets... Optimization of the UI for the larger iPhone 6/6+ may happen in the future.."

9. Kg_Sova

Kg_Sova New Member

Thanks Kalo, not tried the 6 plus yet as still using the iPad 4 managed to get through two 4hr sets without it crashing on me but still not that stable. I prefer using the iPad app rather than the phone app, easier vary tempo whilst mixing

10. Native Coconut

Native Coconut Member

Is the application crashing on you? Why is it unstable? I'd like to help!

11. Kg_Sova

Kg_Sova New Member

Earlier versions of the app were rock solid, but since the last upgrade and iOS 8 the software has become unstable, on several occasions I've had a track playing and the been searching for another track by name and the music has cut out for about 7 seconds (which seem like minutes when you've got a crowd watching you) I use an iPad 4 with a s2. I now type slower and use my playlists more and it hasn't crashed as much but I do notice the odd stutter when when searching, It has crashed when I'm practising on the train. I did also update my computer to the latest version of iTunes just incas that was an issue. Wondered if I used traktor playlists whether the app would be more stable?

12. Native Coconut

Native Coconut Member

This could be related to the size of your library... I PM'd you. Let me know!

13. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

which exact TDJ Version do you use on your iPad4 currently (1.x.x) ?
    Did the 'unstable' problems start with the iOS or the TDJ or a combined update ?