Next song generator

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by soulguru, Mar 24, 2019.

1. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

anyone here knows of a next song generator program like smoothie for traktor 3.
    I posted this in other places like FB, but I just get lame comments.

Love the fact that smoothie would bring up old forgotten tracks..that I would have never remembered.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jumeirah Sound System

Jumeirah Sound System NI Product Owner

I like NEXT a lot better than Smoothie. Have used them both.

https://next.flowrl.com/

Neither are perfect but NEXT is better IMHO and the developer is super nice and responsive to ideas, suggestions, etc. (even though it's a side project).

Cheers!
    JSS

• Like Like x 1
  3. stupa

stupa New Member

You could use the free export version of rekordbox to use its recommendation features, it's the best I've experienced so far.

Traktor DJ for iOS has that feature, hopefully it'll get integrated into TP3 soon.

4. soulguru

Does next really work with Traktor 3?

5. soulguru

Rekordbox is great but don’t want to manage 2 libraries, I tried rekordbuddy but it’s all double and triple the work..you know. you have to manage rekordbox then export to rekordbuddy, then import to traktor, then add the music to traktor.
    It’s insane.

6. Jumeirah Sound System

Yep, works perfectly. You have to fiddle with the settings a bit but just follow the tutorial and it totally works.

I sent the developer a list of feature and UI request and he got back within a week. Super nice guy.

I recently did a complete rework of all my audio tags and file system so it was much easier to manage my library so I stopped using Next, but I enjoyed using it for a while playing out.

I used to run it in a small side window next to Traktor so you could see both at the same time. It was slightly annoying to have to use the mouse so much, but once you get a good workflow going it's pretty natural.

7. soulguru

There is a tutorial? Can’t find it on the site..
    I just need the app to read my collection.

8. Jumeirah Sound System

Yeah just download the app and try it out. There is a tutorial which loads when you open the app. It's free and well worth a shot.

Like I said the workflow could use a bit of work (like I wish there was a back button when you load a track to listen to it but chose not to mix it in), but it's solid and easy to use once you get in the flow. Give it a shot!