No keyboard in Reaktor

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by RMM, Feb 6, 2020.

1. RMM

RMM New Member

Hi,
    Just a quick question in case there is an icon I couldn't find. In Komplete control, Kontakt and absynth there is a virtual keyboard you can use to activate notes with the mouse. I can't find one in Reaktor is a virtual keyboard not included in these products.
    Thanks,
    RM

No_KeyBoard.jpg

2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

I have made one in 2008 (!) , and it is still full compatible with R6.
    I have used it in my ensemble modular m1.
    It is polyphonic, means that you see what you play with your midi keyboard and with mouse:

upload_2020-2-6_7-52-25.png

I have extracted from there.
    Important is the internal midi out setting and the number of voices (here 8) to run properly. Use a dark background color and activate hints.

upload_2020-2-6_7-48-22.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Well, it has internal MIDI support but not in this way. If you check the Options menu you'll notice an entry called "MIDI keyboard enabled", this allows you to use your keyboard to input MIDI.

The bottom row of your keyboard (z,x,c,etc) are the full notes whereas the second row (s,d,g) provide the semi-tones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RMM

RMM New Member

Hi HerW,
    Awesome work thanks for sharing this with the community I'll download when I get a chance. I thought I missed a setting but I guess you have to roll your own keyboard like you did or have a midi keyboard attached since I see now Reaktor does not ship with one like Kontackt or absynth does.
    RM

5. RMM

RMM New Member

Hi ShelL,
    Thanks for your help and confirmation really appreciate it.
    RM

• Like Like x 1