1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

No upgrade from Pro to Scratch?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by electrogrimey, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

I have Traktor Pro, an Audio 2, and 2 Kontrol X1s, and want to get Traktor Scratch Pro. Ignoring the issues with the half price deal and everywhere being sold out, from the site it doesn't seem like there's any crossgrade deal from Pro to Scratch?

Surely there should be, seeing as I don't need to buy the software, I only need to buy the code to unlock the Scratch plug-in (which is included in Pro, just no unlocked, right?), and Audio 8, and the control vinyls and cables. At the moment it looks like I'll just have to buy a whole new version and start again from 'scratch'. (pardon the pun).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Frace

Frace Forum Member

NI has taken off all scratch stuff except for the certified mixer upgrade.

However, that is just as expensive as the complete package with another audio 8.

3. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Don't take my word for it, but I think you need to purchase a Audio 8 (currently appears not to be available in the online shop) and Traktor Scratch Pro Certified Upgrade ... and the combined price of those will be more than the current price of buying the full package (must include the commonly stated car-analogy here; if you are attempting to build a car from spare parts, you end up paying a lot more than a new car's price before you get it finished) ... also, it does appear that Native Instruments is currently out of stock for the full package also (i.e. it is not available in the webshop right now).

But, to answer your question; as it is, your best bet would propably be to purchase the full package from a local dealer (who still has it in stock) and sell the TP+A2.

And in case I've misinterpreted the information, I'm certain a moderator or other figure of authority will soon point out my mistake.

4. electrogrimey

Yeah, it seems I need to buy a new version, but that means I'm buying Traktor Pro again, which I've already spent €200 on. I'd be happier buying Serato than just throwing €200 away.

I emailed them, hopefully I'll get a response.

5. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You could sell your Pro license. Or drop $600 on Serato of course.

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

lol.

what was the price for the whole TSP package right now? how much money do you spend over all if you then sell your pro license?

but as lethal said... you can also drop $600 on serato...

you do the - errm - math. lol

7. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yeah, you should be able to pick up the TSP package somewhere (there are a few resellers with stock, judging by other threads on this) for half price. You can sell your current TPro and the total cost will be less than 1/3 that of Serato. (from now, not from when you first bought TPro)

8. electrogrimey

They emailed back, and said I could get a €100 discount on Scratch for being a Pro owner, which is odd because it doesn't say anything like that on the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.