noobies' homework

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Aleksandr Smirnov, Jan 11, 2009.

1. dramsenik

dramsenik NI Product Owner

Herw, i modified your audioscope from the ADSR homework to make a graphical event watcher. I don't know yet if this is useful for builders but why not ? it shows at which frequency events changes and helps me to understand the output of some modules: impulse or constant value. I would like your opinion on it.

Attached Files:

2. dramsenik

dramsenik NI Product Owner

Hi Alex i don't clearly understand what's your goal.

You can always use 2 Event tables to send Gate and Pitch to your four AD envelope

3. Aleksandr Smirnov

Aleksandr Smirnov NI Product Owner

Yes, but I want to use 1 Event table actually. Anyway, I'm looking for more harder way to work with voices I guess. There ware few questions I couldn't answer:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80354

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80032

That's what made me think about that output of Event table is actually a monophonic one and it will be hard to do with 1 Event table. The problem is solved now (replies in topics).

But anyway I think we should choose another topic to discuss probably.

I was thinking about making a kind of collaboration synth, but I know I'm not so good at giving tasks..:confused:
    ---
    I will take a look at this ensemble later. Thanks for sharing!

4. Aleksandr Smirnov

Hi!

I've been working on some interesting ensemble today (see attachment). It does nothing extraordinary, just plays random integer notes of two oscillators (depending on both chosen Mod's) with enveloper speed that controls pitch of random sine oscillator. Don't forget to press "Play" button for it to work.

I just thought that this ensemble is a bit CPU eating (8-9% to me with 4 voices, 60% with 100), so probably there could be some tricks to make it less CPU eating. Do you know guys what's better to use: compare module on macro level or compare module on core level (as example)? I thought I'm also newbie in good programming style (herw mentioned about it in this thread before when I did some operations with audio in core that took more CPU).

Meanwhile I also thought about good view of instrument (like not using too big knobs, colorful objects etc.). Does too much graphics play any role on CPU measuring or not (it should in my opinion)?

:)

Attached Files:

5. Aleksandr Smirnov

Anybody knows?

I have a Sampler Loop and some sample loaded into it and a button in Toggle mode that starts to play sample when value is 1 and stops to play sample when value is 0. Output of button is connected to G input and A input in Sampler Loop. It works okay for me - when I turn on the button it plays the audio, when I turn it off it stops to play the audio. I can also set it to play from beginning or from whatever part I want using St input.

There is a little problem - when I turn off the button (means stop to play sample) only the volume of sample disappears, but line itself inside Sampler Loop window continues to run, but I want it to stop.

I found solution, but it's not the best one for sure - I send value of -1E+38 to P input when I turn off the button and usual pitch back when I turn it on. It means in realtime when I do this it won't affect sample too much and it almost will not play at all, because the speed is very very slow. But still it plays the audio and it takes some CPU. Is there any other way to stop sample play completely? And yes I don't have loop mode switched on.

Thanks.

6. silveriofunk

silveriofunk New Member

this is great!

7. herw

herw NI Product Owner

wrong thread?

8. Aleksandr Smirnov

I suppose he told it about thread, because I really think the same way. Hopefully we will reborn it soon.

9. herw

herw NI Product Owner

planning some homeworks about core envelopes but i need time.

ciao herw

10. Aleksandr Smirnov

Wow, great news, Herwig! I'm really looking forward to these homeworks and I'll have time in July also, busy with other stuff now.

11. Caustic Crush

Caustic Crush New Member

Thanks to everyone.

This is my first post. Reading this thread is what inspired me to purchase Komplete 6. I found that this forum really supports its noobs. I've been learning all the other software in Komplete prior to jumping into Reaktor. I want to become familiar with the Native Instruments mindset. Thanks to everyone once again. I should be starting full force in about 3 weeks!

Aside from the high-quality of the products themselves, one of the main contributing factors towards my interest in NI as a mainstay was the fact that the forum seems to be filled with more intelligent people than other product's forums.

By the way...how do I get the little "NI Product Owner" by my name?

12. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

welcome :)

you need to post quite a few times before you get the "NI Product Owner" tag ;)

sowari

13. Pandas

Pandas Forum Member

I've had it since my first post.

14. carloskleiber

carloskleiber Forum Member

...and I still don't have it. But I'm patient;)

15. mmower

mmower NI Product Owner

Alternatively ask Thomas :)

Matt

16. ruby the 2nd

ruby the 2nd New Member

where do i begin?

hi everyone. i'm joining Aleksandr Smirnov's thread about reaktor's manual.
    i must say that after reading the whole manual, i'm more confused then ever. my assumption was that after reading the manual, i would know the basic elements of program building. but instead of explaining how each module works and what benefits can i get out of using this macro than the other, you only get very basic and superficial information wich isn't helpful at all. i guess it has to do with the fact that reaktor is a very complex program and it would take a lot more then this manual to explain all the stuff that is going on.
    my question is if there is any manual that uncovers every module step by step, shows what each connection does and maybe some tips and tricks kinda stuff.
    right now i feel like i need to be a professor in physics in order to get a complex structure to work.

i'll be very grateful for every response.
    thank you for your time ;)

17. sowari

to clarify, do you mean the latest Reaktor 5.5. Manuals?

i agree with you about the manuals, that is why this thread is here ;)

have you seen this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103763

anyway, i suggest you have a look at the Users LIbrary as there are a number of great uploads and many of them are much easier to "reverse engineer" than the ones that come with Reaktor.

sowari

18. ruby the 2nd

ruby the 2nd New Member

hey sowari

thank you very much for the link. i'll read it carefully.
    i was actually talking about the manual that comes with the software. i simply couldn't find information about how each module works. there are some very basic tutorials at the beginning of the book, but after that, only complex explanations that aren't understandable for one with no previous knowledge.
    anyway thanks again for the link. it will keep me busy for the next year:)

19. sowari

to clarify, Reaktor 5.5 does not come with a printed manual, it comes with pdfs. The Reaktor 5.5 pdfs are better than the ones that come with Reaktor 5.

so that is why i am confused which manual you are talking about? the printed Reaktor 5 manual dates from 2005, whilst the pdf manuals that you get with the 5.5 update date from 2010.

also, you can always ask for clarification on this Forum ;)

sowari

20. ruby the 2nd

ruby the 2nd New Member

reaktor 5.1

oh, i didn't know that the update comes with a new manual. i was talking about reaktor's 5 first manual.
    i was actually a bit afraid to install the new update because i saw how different it looks and as a noob in reaktor i thought it would be better to get used to the classic look first. what do you think?
    about the link you recently sent me, you think the examples there are still relevant for reaktor 5?

thanks again mate :)