Not convinced yet...

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by ridebest, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLUBBA

KLUBBA NI Product Owner

Quote: from Nem (which started this nonce)

"Also, stop pulling numbers out of your butt"

maybe the language/atlantic barrier, but certainly not a phrase thats taken lightly in english towards another persons opinion, well here anyway.

I do agree it probably wasnt necessary, and in hindsight, offer apologies to Nem.

although his rather agressive stance all the way thru this post, has rather prevented a constructive discussion. (or maybe he didint) berating the way he did,pushed it in the wrong direction.

But maybe we could (for the third time in the post "move on".

and this is a genuine question which maybe Nem has knowledge of,and thanks Nik for the info on SSL and what It used, , and I mean no "funy business" an honest enquiry.

Does TS use the Asio driver when in native DVS mode, I mean when you are using vinyl control mode? Alhough NI have experience of Asio drivers, but did they completely rebuild the engine and app from scratch and bypass the asio bus when using Vinyl control?

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

a little bit of roughness is one thing, a little bit of nationalism is another. please don't deepen this niveau, otherwise i'm gonna get very angry soon!

:angry:

3. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Agree, that was not nice either.

I doubt NI will release any details about this. I mean... their timecode is protected intelectual property, so secret that you are not allowed to put it online somewhere or download it in case you lost or damaged the timecode CDs ;-) *chuckles*

4. KLUBBA

KLUBBA NI Product Owner

whatever happened to equality?

Aren't moderators supposed to be unbiased? or thoroughly read the post before repremanding?. (I think an equal repremand was what should have been posted by a moderator.

or am I in for a "helluva time" for not agreeing with others, and making more "friends".....

The "roughness" as you put it was what sparked my reply in kind,and If you read my first couple of posts they were generic,and totally without malice or intent to offend..........please note that I also forwarded an APOLOGY!........

i may begin to think that "fitting in here' is going to be tough, true but sad.....alas I'm not a freemason ;-).or do I have to encumber this as an initiation!

5. KLUBBA

KLUBBA NI Product Owner

with regards to another post I saw nik.

Does the IPL cover a duplication of your control CD,or vinyl for that matter, for your own back up.

I'd like to see a definate clarification by someone from NI, (Native Girl?) that you can indeed copy/duplicate for your own security backup>

6. DJ Freshfluke

i think you have a better time just buying a replacement vinyl than cutting your own ;) but AFAIK a security copy of the CD control signal is allowed.

7. KLUBBA

KLUBBA NI Product Owner

Just a thought NG, cos I own the Vestax VRX2000 Vinyl Cutter, and other colleagues, would maybe like a backup slab,cos theyre kinda rough on the scratchskillz ;-), but ONLY a backup copy!.........although by the time I spend to setup and calibrate for the timecode etc....Itll probably work out the same cost (is is about 19 euro'sa slab for NI's ?).....and I dont print covers ;-)

8. DJ Freshfluke

somehow i had a feeling i would get this kind of answer from you ;)

sure. i know also people who have a vinylcutter (better than this vestax thing), but indeed the time and money etc. you put into that is spent better spinning - and ordering the replacement record from NI ;)

9. polocorp

polocorp New Member

I heard that Dj Netik and Dj troubl' use An Edirol FA-66 which is a lot more affordable. They're pretty demanding in terms of latency as there DMC routines are prepared with MixVibes. :p

10. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

It might be more affordable, but it doesn't offer the same low latency that a higher quality interface (like the RME) does.

11. polocorp

polocorp New Member

Well I use it with an Edirol FA-101. And the latency performances are excellent. This is the setup of Netik and DJ troubl. No need to buy a $1000 RME to get an awesome feel on the cuts. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.