1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Octave Transpose a range of notes

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by Triode, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Triode

Triode New Member

Hi
    I have a midi controller that's only two octaves in size. I'd like a reaktor midi patch that will transpose notes that are lower than a chosen note down a number of octaves. I've had a look in the library but can't find anything. Does anyone know of something like this? Or I'm willing to pay someone to build a simple patch for this.

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

3. Triode

Triode New Member

That looks like a synth. In looking for a midi patch only.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Go in the structure and save the macro to your hdd. Take your midi controller, paste this macro and connect the wires.
    The connection is in the pitch event way.

5. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 NI Product Owner

it's really very easy. you take the pitch value, from the source or right before the oscillators, and subtract 12 or 24 or 36 from it and plug it back in

6. Triode

Triode New Member

Ok. So the suggestion is to lift the transpose element from that.
    I don’t want all the notes on my controller to be transposed down though. I only want notes that are below a selectable split point to be transposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. toto le robot

toto le robot NI Product Owner

use a knob as your split value
    compare the midi pitch with this value if it's inferior then add x*12 to the pitch

8. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

Did you get something to work?

9. Triode

Triode New Member

I did but not via Reaktor. I made a script for Mainstage that does what I need. Let me know if it would be helpful to you and I'll dig it out.

10. Studiowaves

Studiowaves NI Product Owner

I was just curious as I've never seen a two octave keyboard and was thinking of using its key matrix on a set of organ style foot pedals I have. As in cannibalizing it's electronics and attaching the key sensor wires to my pedals.