Open Letter: Dear N.I.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by xXx_Dugan_Fire_xXx, Feb 22, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Wow... This whole post is a *mic drop*! Especially when made by a real developer in a mature and eloquent manner. :thumbsup:
    (often is hard to take criticism seriously when it's filled with inappropriate language and memes)
    The sad part is this applies to a lot more than just NKS.

• Like Like x 7
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Stems was an open format. That took off brilliantly that did o_O. Regardless Stems was completely pointless, FLAC did the same and better. Classic case of presenting a solution that is not needed.

However I generally agree file formats and software interface libraries (hook in points for third parties) should be made open.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Yeah....open the service up for user submissions. Why do we have to be locked in to a catalog of "expertly crafted sounds" from their in-house selection of hand picked EDM dorks? (no knock on EDM)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I find this very disturbing because I do see NI (or rather it's arguably rather delusional CEO) as wanting NI to be in a similar position in Music software as Adobe is in CG software. That actually can't happen as there is far more competition in music software and as you say they would be far better served at any rate to accomplish a direction similar to this if they opened up NKS and made their hardware and software more compatible with others rather than trying to control things they have no right to even think to.
    There are so many good things about NI it's almost criminal to see them squander these assets trying to draw people in by constanly inferring that their products are capable of doing far more than they can rather than actually making them capable of doing those things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Sadly, there are days where I feel the most interesting thing about Maschine is this forum :confused:

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Word up

• Like Like x 3
  7. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

Its the forum that eases the pain MASCHINE is causing ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Same feeling on the beta forum. People are just doing QC for NI for free...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. D-One

I am not disagreeing with your overall statement but subscriptions aren't an immediate cash grab, quite the opposite, it's a long term investment that takes a long time to breakeven. IMO they realized they were late in the subscription model party and want to secure their position in that market asap at any cost so they don't get left behind and it's profitable in the future, from a business perspective this is important enough to risk pissing off half the Maschine user base and also release a feature lacking integration.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

With respect it really depends how much the subscription is, whether it's rent to own or not, and whether costs are put up when it comes to buying full versions.. so it makes subs look cheaper.

If the past is to go with, it will probably be designed to please sales and marketing and not the users.. we shall see through...

• Like Like x 2
  11. D-One

Well... yeah. My only point was the 'immediate' cash grab thing taking into account the current pricing options compared to how much time and money was put into the sounds.com, of course I don't have any idea what those numbers are but I think its safe to say it will take a long time until they get the cash spent back thus making more of a long term investment.
    I understand calling expansions and too many hardware releases immediate cash grabs, not this tho.

12. Majestic Dakim

Majestic Dakim NI Product Owner

Amen, brother!!!

• Like Like x 1