1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Plug In GUI from Mikro Control Surface

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Blackbelt Jones, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones NI Product Owner

Using Mikro w/ KK S61. Is it possible to open the full graphical view of a plug in instrument through some key combination on the Mikro hardware? If not the Mikro, do other versions of Maschine have this? I know NI plug ins have smaller instrument GUIs visible via the mixer, but 3rd party plugs don't (just a generic grey box). In both cases they require a mouse click on the arrow or "+" to expand the instrument.

What I am hopping is that there is a button or a button combo to bring the full plug in graphical interface up (or that another version of Maschine will do this).

Many thanks.

2. dabb

dabb Active Member

nav + Pad (where plugin is in)

Yes with 1 click, not combination
    i have mk2 too its easier

3. Blackbelt Jones

That's good to know... I assume it is the "Plug In" button? I saw that on Maschine Studio. Pouring through the Mikro manual but must be missing the key combination to do this.

I really like the Mikro, but considering upgrading to the Mashine or even Studio... starting to realize how handy those dedicated buttons can be. Love the size of the Mikro though... fits snugly under my monitor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blackbelt Jones

Don't mind if I bump, but on the fence about keeping the Mikro. So two questions:

1) Is there some button combo on Mikro I am missing that will launch a the full graphical view of a plug in instrument?
    2) If not, how does one do it on the full size Maschine? People indicated it above, but I'd appreciate if someone could explain the actual workflow of it.

I have a narrow return window and I am thinking it may make sense to upgrade the Mikro to the full sized, but I don't want to do it if there isn't a way to load a plug in GUI directly from the hardware. I feel like I click around in the Maschine UI too much as it is.

Thanks!

5. Peter Delve

Peter Delve New Member

To open the GUI on a plugin simply click on a very small arrow (pointing NE) which is located the top on the left hand side of the panel where you see the control knobs for the chosen plugin (right next to where you can see the plugin name and where you would add another effect). Note you do have to make sure SOUND is selected (Not MASTER or GROUP). I have the Mk2 Mikro but don't know if it is possible to open for the Mikro directly as I have not tried.

6. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

On the studio , press plugin (pin it) then when your on plugin window press shift , the screen revels edit ,bypass , move options ,press edit I would have thought u can do this from the mikro .

7. Blackbelt Jones

Of course! I feel like an idiot missing this in your post... somehow I was only reading the 2nd half. I actually found the passage in the manual:

6.3.1.1 Opening/Closing Plug-in Windows on the MASCHINE MIKRO Controller On the MASCHINE MIKRO controller, do the following: 1. Select the desired Native Instruments or External Plug-in (see section ↑2.3.3, Navigating Channel Properties, Plug-ins, and Parameter Pages in the Control Area). 2. Press NAV + the lit pad (indicating the selected Plug-in) to open the plug-in in a separate floating window. Press NAV + the same lit pad again to close the plug-in window

I tried it... and it worked, but only once per plug in. If I opened and then closed it and the above would not re-open it. Will spend more time on it as I wonder if something I am doing is causing it not to work a 2nd time.

Thanks all for chiming in... it's most appreciated. :thumbsup:

8. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

I do it with the Jam but it doesnt work all the time

9. dabb

dabb Active Member

Well thats weird, i can open & close many times (just checked to be sure)..

I havent updated to 2.6 yet, maybe a bug in 2.6 update? Which maschine version are you using?