1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Owners of Guitar Rig Versions

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by digilog_, Nov 15, 2012.

1. digilog_

digilog_ New Member

Is there a free update planned for owners of the Guitar Rig Version of Transient Master and Vintage Compressor series?

Are the plugins also VST3?

2. mindnoise

mindnoise NI Product Owner

Yes, I would also like to know...

My guess is the 'upgraded Installers' are not prepaired, yet.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. gostevego

gostevego New Member

I sent an email to support yesterday inquiring about this subject but haven't heard back yet. On another forum I saw Komplete 8 owners report getting an email with a link to the free Vintage Compressors update but I haven't seen anything like that. I don't own Komplete 8 but I do own the Guitar Rig version of Vintage Compressors. Wondering if that free update only applies to owners of the entire Komplete 8 bundle?

4. litesnsirens

litesnsirens Forum Member

I own Komplete 8 Ultimate and have only gotten an email with the transient master update. So far I haven't gotten anything with any of the vintage compressor series updates. I'm not sure why it wouldn't all be in one email.

5. DuckieTheAnk

DuckieTheAnk New Member

yep. I'm wondering as well! I own komplete 8 (not ultimate) and I do own VC guitar rig versions. I got an email on the Transient master but nothing else.

Regards

6. gostevego

gostevego New Member

Just heard back from NI support. Good news! All owners of the Guitar Rig version will indeed be getting the free update. I'm told if I don't see a link in 2 business days to contact them again. Looks like they're doing a gradual roll out.

7. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

so far I have only had an email about Transient Master.

sowari

8. mindnoise

mindnoise NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update, I was expecting this but better to know for sure :)

9. litesnsirens

The standalone transient master seems to use a lot of CPU in my daw compared to using it inside guitar rig. Very strange I'll have to do some more testing. I'll post back with results, in the meantime anyone else noticing this?

10. dippy

dippy NI Product Owner

Unfortunately, I don't have komplete installed here so I don't have a "vs" to confirm. What host btw?

11. kevinsha

kevinsha NI Product Owner

Aside from the standard plug in options, does the new version also load directly into Guitar Rig as before? Or only as plug-ins in a DAW? I saw Keir from NI say they "also" now come as standalone plug-ins so I'm assuming so. . .just don't see anything on NI site that confirms.

I don't own the previous versions and while the plugs are great I also want to be able to run the new versions in GR directly. Thanks!

12. gostevego

gostevego New Member

I'm assuming you can just continue to use the old versions in Guitar Rig if you prefer that workflow. Can anyone confirm that there is a difference between the new versions and the Guitar Rig version besides the GUI and stand-alone operation?

13. gostevego

gostevego New Member

Oops overlooked the part where you said you didn't own the guitar rig version.

14. litesnsirens

They appear to be identical, other than the fact that it isn't sitting inside Guitar Rig, so the GUI is a little bigger when unleashed.
    I should also report that in a different project the CPU usage was as low as should be expected so false alarm on my previous post. It was either just that project or maybe my computer needed a reboot, but it's back to normal. So I'm really looking forward to the other plugs in the series to be released.

15. gostevego

gostevego New Member

I still haven't received the email with a link to the new vintage compressors serial/download. Anyone else get theirs yet?

16. jeff

jeff NI Product Owner

No links compressors update yet...

As of today I only got the Transient Master link... Still no news about the compressor. And I am a registered user... Anybody else?

Cheers

17. litesnsirens

Only Transient Master so far for me too. Also a regiestered user. Maybe the other ones aren't ready yet? Or maybe they are just filtering them out slowly for effect.

18. AshleySmith09

AshleySmith09 New Member

No e-mail for either yet! ? :(

19. gostevego

gostevego New Member

Support did mention that if I didn't receive a link in two business days (which has passed) to email them again so I guess I'll give that a go. I'll wait til tomorrow. I'm assuming they are being inundated with support emails asking for links.

20. gostevego

gostevego New Member

Emailed support today and got a response with a link to my updated vintage comps