PDF Manuals for Play Series Instruments?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by mabian, Jun 11, 2019.

1. mabian

mabian NI Product Owner

Hello,

I know they are quite simple but I'd like to know more about the knobs, especially the "filter B" and "Grit" ones. Are there manuals explaining those? I've been browsing the website for a while to no avail so far...

Thanks,
    Mario

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Knobs have different purposes from patch to patch, and even if named similarly, they don't necessarily have to have exactly the same behavior, so writing what each one does doesn't really make sense here.

Manual for Modular Icons is in writing, though, simply because there's more functionality in there. However, the macro knobs are again different on every patch, so their function won't be explained.

3. mabian

mabian NI Product Owner

Ok thanks, but at least some names like "Filter B", which does seem to also affect layer A, would be better explained at least a bit...
    Also, no way to mute individual layers A and B other than just tweaking the mix knob?
    Thanks,
    Mario

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Correct, at least from the front panel. If you go to instrument edit mode, you can use the Group Solo feature of Group Editor to only isolate one group for playback (whichever of the two that are active in the patch).