1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Perform FX automation crashes Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by sevdahbaby, Apr 23, 2018.

1. sevdahbaby

sevdahbaby New Member

Anyway, here is the video showing the crash:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRbsyEmIdiqfgFHQeKu9eSZPprQvb6bW/view

UPDATE: I narrowed down the problem to the vocal group which has a lot of plugins turned on (audio module, eq, comp, delay, aux is sent to the Razor vocoder etc.) When I delete this group there is no crashing. But what should I do? Not record or listen vocals and record automation at the same time? o_O

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I would try removing all plugins one by one and attempt to record the automation to know what specific plugin causing the issue, it would start with the razor vocoder thing.

3. sevdahbaby

sevdahbaby New Member

Yup, I did exactly that for the previous 3 or so hours... :) And my conclusion is that it is the Audio module. I was removing all the other plugins and effects but Maschine was crashing almost every time. But, when I left all the heavy plugins and just deleted the Audio module, crashing during the recording of automation of Performance FX on the Group which serves as an FX bus for a number of other Groups stopped.

Also, crashing continued on another spot of the song where I also record Performance FX automation, because I live looped a vocal during my performance, which resulted in automatic creation of an Audio module for that Sound. I had to replace that Performance FX with a regular effect and now everything seems to be working.

My guess is that some of the new programming in the Audio module is not compatible with recording automation of Performance FX, given that the Group on which that Performance FX is located has some incoming audio from other Groups.

It is a bit complicated, maybe not an everyday use of Maschine, but we should be pushing this system and our creativity to the limits right? :)

4. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

Did 2.7.6 not solve the issue for you?

5. sevdahbaby

sevdahbaby New Member

Nope :( It seems that this issue is not that wide spread among users. Did you have instability issues when using Audio module in 2.7.5 and 2.7.6?

6. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

To be honest, it doesn't look complicated, there are only 7 Groups and your CPU usage seems low so that cant be the cause. Yeah, my guess is it's an Audio Module bug, it's still fairly new...
    So you have a BUS FX Group with Perform FX on it?
    Any chance you can DM me your project? I'd like to report this on the Beta where the devs are active, I promise I won't steal your performance (lol) but if you're not comfortable with that I understand.