PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

That's strange, how did you open the bug report window in the first place? It shows "Fatal Error". Did it open when you did something in the "Show Preset Data" Window?

2. Drachenkatze

Or basically, the question I'm having is: How to reproduce the crash when submitting a bug report? I just tried and can't reproduce it.

3. Home Studio

Home Studio NI Product Owner

same for me… sorry:(

4. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Will do the same in the evening with Screenshots. Perhaps it make it More clear.
    Other question, is it possible to sent pm 6.0.0.
    Working for me with pigments, and i would install these. Thank you drachenkatze for helping.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  5. Drachenkatze

I'll see if I can fit in some function for 0.6.2 to save the bug report to disk instead of sending it. Might also be useful for people who don't have Internet on their music PC.

I assume you mean PM 0.6.0 ;) But it's not clear to me what you mean - do you want to install the older version?

6. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Yes, my mistake, i meant 0.6.0. The Version 0.6.0 was Working great with pigments.

7. Drachenkatze

Yes, the older versions are here: https://presetmagician.com/downloads/alpha/

But it's strange because I don't remember any changes which could affect Pigments.

8. Home Studio

New version 7 of arturia too… try the new B3 V2 and it's not working...

9. Drachenkatze

How is a new plugin supposed to work? I know that PresetMagician has "magic" in it's name but it can't magically support new plugins ;)

B-3 V is supported by PresetMagician, and B3 V2 is a completely different plugin with a different plugin ID.

10. Home Studio

I know I know…… Just to inform you :(

11. Drachenkatze

If you report the plugins from within the app, I get automatically informed ;)

12. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

"Support/Create Feature Request" in PresetMagician 0.6.1 does not work here. I get "The issue could not be submitted. Redmine.Net.Api.Exceptions....... CreateObjectAsync has invalid or missing attribute: Status is invalid". Hence I try via this forum:
    Feature Request:
    Edit Plugin Presets: Allow to edit multiple presets simultaneously.
    Current behavior: Only one preset can be edited at a time (e.g. types field or key field (for preview note)). If multiple presets are selected only the first one gets edited
    Desired behavior: Edits will be applied to all selected presets

PS: Amazing work, Felicia, keep it up! Really helpful tool!

13. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Its the same for me, but i cannot explain so good in english

14. Lugaro

Lugaro New Member

Hello Felicia!
    I have registered with Preset Magician and every time I start session, the page not recognize the password and it says "insufficient privileges"...???

Thanks and best regards

15. carsten151974

carsten151974 NI Product Owner

Hi Drachenkatze, do you offer a "Hartz 4-License ?" ..29 Euro def not possible for me at the Moment, would support your idea if i could..Maybe 5 Euro for a one months turn ?

Kind regards

carsten

16. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

the only other plug in i have not native to NI is serum. I don't necessarily need this, but it would be interesting to see if it would work and i could comprehend everything going on. subbing for later.

17. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

With this I could create audio previews and nks files for all my third party serum banks. I plan to do thee same with my massive banks but didn't tested yet

18. Drachenkatze

Can you drop a mail to info@presetmagician.com with some details?

Well Serum is supported, so I'd suggest to download PresetMagician and give it a try ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Drachenkatze

I'm currently working on improvements for the NI Resources (plugin images etc) and I'm thinking about dropping support for sharing NI resources with the PresetMagician site. Only very few users actually have used that feature, and PresetMagician can auto-generate the resources since a few versions now. This would allow me to simplify the whole NI Resource stuff from a developer's point of view. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I think I am still not enough of an advanced user to answer that question. How are we suppose to use this NI Ressources sharing feature ?

Also, I am trying to add my huge bank of Massive presets to generate previews. Is it doable the same way I did with Serum ?