Problem creating outputs in Kontakt 6

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by ZigZag007, May 22, 2019.

1. ZigZag007

ZigZag007 NI Product Owner

Hi all,

I am having a problem setting up outputs from Kontakt 6 into my DAW (Logic Pro X). The Logic part I am ok with.

I need to set up Studio Drummer to send different parts of the kit to separate channels etc. I've seen a few videos and it looked simple enough.

I have an 8 x Stereo, 8 x Mono instance of Kontakt in Logic.
    In Kontakt 6's mixer, after hitting the + button I can add 8 Stereo tracks which is fine so far. The Kontakt mixer now shows 8 Stereo tracks and 4 Aux channels.

Now when I try an add 8 mono tracks I gather I have to click on the aux 1 in the sound card / host output dropdown but none of the aux's are available. It shows me some stereos and surround channels. (see pic)

Pretty sure I am doing something stupid but if anyone can offer a solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Steve

Attached Files:

2. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Did you select the correct audio driver for your interface at the Kontakt settings tab?

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Disregard the names of ports in [] in that menu. This is what happens when you create new outputs from scratch but don't reload Kontakt instance - plugin output names cannot be changed dynamically (IIRC). So you need to manually count till 17th entry (because you have 8 stereo channels created, that's 16 plugin outputs) and choose that as your starting point for incrementing the mono outputs.

4. ZigZag007

ZigZag007 NI Product Owner

EvilDragon
    Thank you SO much!! You are a genius!
    Cheers
    Steve

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

I'm not a genius, I just know Kontakt pretty well :)

6. Dakotchrome

Dakotchrome New Member

I'm having trouble trying to simply route my kontakt6 audio output channels in cubase 10. St.1 is output to 1/2 to one set of studio monitors and a stereo output channel is set to 3/4 to my other desktop monitors. Setting the output in Kontakt to either routes the signal to ST.1/2 only. Ive tried setting up different output channels in Kontakt but can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks for any info.