1. Hi everyone,

This forum is now closed for posting! If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

2. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

problem installing 1.0.3 update

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation (Archive)' started by Conman24, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conman24

Conman24 New Member

my maschine works fine with the installed 1.0.2.005 version of the software that came with the dvd.

I downloaded the 1.0.3. update via the service center and tried to install it.
    After i start the installer and start following the steps, right before the installer is ready to update the software ,it tells me: "nescessary steps before installation" "uninstall previous version".

Now i dont know what i should do. If i Ignore this message and just install the 1.0.3 update i get a maschine that wont work. i can start the software but the maschine wont go on after that specific 1.0.3 update.

Now im running the maschine on the 1.0.2.005 version. So i would like to know what to do for installing the 1.0.3 update so it will work.

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

I'll bet you're Windows.

Boot your system without the controller plugged in and run the update. Reboot after the update. Do not plug the controller in until after you've rebooted.

ew

3. Conman24

Conman24 New Member

yep im windows. im gonna try that and i will let you know the outcome as soon as im done

4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Another thing; if you're using XP, the found new hardware wizard will start up after you plug the controller in. Don't let it connect to the internet, and let it install the drivers automatically.

ew

5. Conman24

Conman24 New Member

I followed the instructions and guess what my maschine works 100%. by the way i was using vista. thanks for the help.

before i forget i have 1 more question; is there already an indication of a new update and what will be the changes

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.