1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Problems with Traktor Final Scratch 1.5 Please help!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Adam MK3, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

Hiya everyone, hope i am putting this post in the right place!

A week ago i won the old stanton Final Scratch 1.5 package on ebay, the one with the hockey pucky scratch amp. After looking in to it i realised that i wouldnt be able to run the software on my new laptop running windows 7 so i got hold of an old laptop running xp.

I have twin PT 1000 turntables with good needles with the timecoded vinyls on, connected to the scratch amp then the mixer and then via usb to the laptop. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes the songs play alot slower than they should and sound like they are underwater kinda?

If i click on a directory with more than 30 songs in it then it will crash and generally runs very slowly.

Is there any way to get this old software to run on my decent laptop with windows 7?
    Is there alternative software i can use that will work with my scratch amp?

Any help will be greatly appreciated i know i havnt explained it very well il try and answer and questions a bit better!

Adam

2. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

wow that FS soundcard is like 7 years old now

what latency setting are you using?

3. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

yeh i know it is old but it was brand new out of the box and there is no reaon why it shouldnt work properly. Its not crashing anymore and ive registered the software but still 30% of my songs play approx 8% slower than they should and lose all thier sound quality. Ive tried all the latency settings and it doesnt seem to affect the issue?

Thanx
    Adam

4. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

5. crucial d

show us a screenshot of your preferences/audio panel

6. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

will do asap

7. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

I dont get it, programme appears to run fine, i plug in a memory stick with tunes on it, about 20% of the songs will be fine and work perfectly. The rest will have problems and sound like they are slow like when u play a 45rpm vinyl in 33 rpm mode. It will always be the same songs that work/ dont work?

8. crucial d

what are the file formats of the tracks? Mp3 should be fine, but AAC (MP4) will only work if you have Quicktime installed

9. Toolazy2work

Toolazy2work New Member

Sounds like a few of your tracks are encoded at 48kHz. drop them into audacity and set them to 44100Hz then export them... you may have to change the temp by the ratio that you adjusted your track.... i have done this a few times. Also, FS will crash on random mp3s.... take and empty the tag of the mp3 that it crashed on. i weed these out by importing my music directory then seeing the last track imported... alot of times, its something screwy with the tag. If you got any more issues let me know.

10. Adam MK3

Adam MK3 New Member

Thanx for the replys i really appreciate it, all my files are mp3's mostly 320's, Is there a quick way to convert them to a lower khz like a convertor or anything like that, il have a look on google now aswell.

Ive checked my files and you are right it is the 48khz that dont work, sadly nearly all my songs are in that sample rate :( Is there a patch/update that fixes this?

Also is there any other software that i can use with the hardware setup i have?

Thanx

Ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.