programming a launchpad--reaktor's midi limitations?

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by goldenmaster, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenmaster

goldenmaster New Member

Hi there! I am new around here, just got reaktor with the recent great sale price that was available.

Anyway, I got the idea to make a programmer for the novation launchpad in reaktor, but then ran into some problems.

My main issue is that each reaktor instrument only has one set of midi inputs and outputs! Because the launchpad communicates over midi, I have to dedicate them to reading the input of the launchpad and sending midi to it, to turn the LED's on and off.

I can't get around this by using another instrument, because signals between instruments have to be monophonic. I was hoping to output polyphonic midi note data from the ensemble, so this is kind of frustrating :confused: . I thought, well, maybe I can break up the midi into separate voices and send them over cables. but this seems really tedious, and I'd have to do that, or use IC send modules, for all the outgoing midi data! Considering that I might be sending 64 CC's, one from each pad, this would be a huge pain.

here's the ensemble i've been working on if anyone's curious, though it's pretty beta, and you need to have a launchpad hooked up to really use it.

http://www.bagger288.com/masterMedia/launchpad1.ens

thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.