Public beta confirmed- read this

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by pawcut, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pawcut

pawcut NI Product Owner

"its a sad and beautiful world , very sad, very beautiful"

joey head, tv personalities

2. BobTheDog

BobTheDog NI Product Owner

Well it is a pain that Ableton live cannot send program change messages easily to Maschine (this I must admit shocked me when I found out but the shock was with Ableton not supporting it very well, not with NI), other hosts can though so I am sure this is a not Maschine issue and I am not sure that the marketing ever said that it working in any other way.

It is slightly annoying that someone at NI didn't think "Hey Live isn't too hot at this lets let them use notes instead" but we are not all perfect eh?

I work in software development and from the posts here it seems that people think it is easy and to make it go faster you just need to add new developers, a bit like if one man can count 100 pebbles a day then 1000 men can count 100000 pebbles a day, this kind of thinking doesn't work with software development.

For the project I work on it would take a developer at least two years to get up to steam and become useful, software development is a bit harder than counting pebbles.

Concerning the fact that Maschine should be like an MPC when the hell did NI ever say that? All they have said is that it is a groove-box this covers many different types of machines, jesus if you wanted an MPC go get one, the 1000s with JJ2 OS are pretty good although limited in comparison with Maschine I would think, but its your choice, some people do like those tiny little screens, also don't forget you need more ram and a HD_adapter to make it useful.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. mistlabz

mistlabz Forum Member

Hope some guy like JJ will develop an alternative OS of the Maschine, NI really sucks to not push this gear further. It could be a huge revolution in the groove box technology, they wasting their time and we wast our time also.

They maybe waiting for something, there is a lot of new OS coming up in the market (Snow Leopard, windows 7 etc...), 64 bits architecture, AES convention... I don't know but there is surely a reason, it cannot be so difficult to add the basics features everyone ask.

4. BobTheDog

I think I am beginning to bash my head against a wall here but:

New and improved features:

MIDI Out Mode for sounds
    MIDI In for sounds and groups
    Drag-and-Drop audio export for scenes and patterns in host
    Record and trigger scenes switches via MIDI notes in host
    Scene retrigger option in plugin mode
    Loading groups without patterns
    Additional slicing sizes (1/8th etc.)
    REX file import
    Scene naming
    Adjustable metronome volume
    Record Count-In option
    Quick adjustment of group and sound volumes on controller

There will of course be more versions after this.

I repeat software development is not easy, maybe you could do better there must be an "idiots guide to groove-box development" book you can buy, read that and in a week you will have a Maschine beater.

5. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

someone should close this thread. it's becoming redundant. no disrespect meant. or at least re title it. " public beta (I'm not patient)" lol.

6. mistlabz

mistlabz Forum Member

These features should be in the 1.0 version because this is the basic features of most groove boxes on the market.

I'm not saying that I will develop the software by myself but AKAI did the same mistake with the MPC and finally a guy like JJ really improved the OS, it could be nice to have a JJ for Maschine if NI is unable to add these basic features. This is the same company who created Battery and Kontatk, why didn't they add battery and kontakt engine in the Maschine software if they already master theses technologies ?

We are in 2009, there is nothing revolutionary in the 1.1 update... these is the basic features of any groove box. The thing that shocked me the most was the impossibility to adjust the click volume, how can you forget things like that ?

Beside there absolutely no communication about the delay

I love the concept and that's why I bought it but this delay and the lack of communication, the poorness of the 1.03 features. You'll understand that a lot of people is getting angry, we are customers not sheep.

7. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

I'm tempted to, but I'll let it play for a while longer.
    Phil and I've both explained what's happening here. The 1.1 update was close to release. Phil, others and I made a lot of noise about what we thought should be included and wasn't. They rethought their position, and decided to implement some of the things we were concerned about, and make it into a public beta as well.

ew

8. mistlabz

mistlabz Forum Member

Ok, I really hope it will be awesome and bug free ;)

9. BobTheDog

10. dopebeat

dopebeat NI Product Owner

We are watching "who wants to be a Moderator?" show here

JK ^^

11. BobTheDog

Moderator on this forum you have to be joking!

One of the reasons I don't even visit the NI forums anymore is the bad natured whining and juvenile behavior, Eric and Phil are angels in my eyes.

I only visited to see the progress of the beta and managed to get hot and bothered, just not worth it really.

12. dopebeat

we're on same page on that one

now let's hope NI release it soon
    so, our long wait thirst for 1.1 will be satiated! ^^

P.S: and i was just joking about a moderator thing
    I thought you are 100 times better than me on that
    (the dog, your wife and a random guy with MPC..(could be a movie title) that was the best!)

13. res308

res308 Forum Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjto02iDNZA"]YouTube - Guns N' Roses - patience[/ame]

Let's all sing along!

14. BobTheDog

Whys he wearing the wife's shorts?

15. res308

res308 Forum Member

Dunno, maybe that's why he's whining, whispering, whistling and sh*t?

16. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Thanks. I missed that part.

Thinking I might wind up happy will 1.1 :cool:

Can't wait to see.

17. dopebeat

oh..come on guys

it's not about he's wearing wife's shorts

it's about a message he's trying to tell us

with lots of patience there is nothing you can't do

you can even wear your wife's hot red shorts and really enjoy from deep down of your heart

18. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

damn... your right. *flux heads off to the bed room, noises and banging, reappears...*
    I didn't think I would like these leopard skin tights my wife wears when she wants to get freaky ..... but maybe with some patients i will grow to love em. OR NOT lol :eek:

I can't wait for this update. i just hope it makes my maschine the toaster/ blender hybrid i always wanted.

19. dopebeat

but one thing i don't buy that...

i don't want to end up wearing my wife's hot red shorts!

so hurry up NI!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  20. spielor2

spielor2 NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.