Purge all samples triggered by MIDI?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by troyt, Dec 3, 2015.

1. troyt

troyt New Member

Is there a way, script or otherwise to tell an instance of Kontakt to purge all samples?

I run Bidule with 30 instances of Kontakt that I trigger from Reaper. The Bidule instance is saved with all samples purged. In any given session I'll passively load (by playing) thousands of samples. if I close Bidule without saving it then the next time I open it all of the Kontakt instances will load purged, which is exactly what I want. If, however, I need to make a change in my Bidule template after or during a session I'd have to either manually go through and purge all samples on each of the 30 Kontakt instances, or close Bidule, re-open it, make the changes, and re-save it. Instead I'd love to be able to load a Reaper project that has tracks set up to send a message (MIDI, OSC, etc) to purge.

Any chance of this happening? ED, you out there?

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

This is possible by using scripting. You could write a script that says "purge all samples when MIDI controller x=y is received." You would have to manually apply that across each of your 30 instances of Kontakt, but then it would work permanently from that point on.

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Actually no, you cannot purge samples on received MIDI controllers (limitation of purge_group() function - for good reason!). Purging can only be done in UI control callbacks (on press of a button, for example). Well, technically if you define a ui_slider and purge using that, you could MIDI learn that button to a certain CC, then send that on project start.

4. troyt

troyt New Member

Hey ED, where would I start to figure out how to write that script? I haven't used KSP at all.