Question on using Monark within Reaktor

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Eric-(, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Eric-(

Eric-( NI Product Owner

Hi there
    When I purchased Monark a couple of years ago, I got right back to NI's support, complaining that it only worked on midi channel 1 of my DAW. Adding more instances on additional midi channels results in mute Monark instances... the support explained to me that I use the Reaktor player, and that I can only get a full midi implementation with the full version of Reaktor. Is it so? may I have a feedback from a monark user confirming that it will work if I buy Reaktor?
    thanks

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

You can't enter Properties area to change the midi channels in Reaktor Player. So you need Reaktor full version.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eric-(

Eric-( NI Product Owner

Hi, I'm lost! I just purchased Reaktor's full version, and I have the same problem when I was using the Player. I went to the troubleshooting page of NI's site (https://support.native-instruments....eux-pas-entendre-de-sortie-audio-dans-REAKTOR), I did everything that is mentionned and I still get no sound if I put Reaktor on midi channel 2 of my DAW. Why on earth is only channel 1 working? What must I do to have several instances of Reaktor in several midi channels ?

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-12-4_1-40-33.png
    scroll up and down.
    give every instance its own midi in

5. ghizzu

ghizzu New Member

Apparently, it's not enough to assign the midi channel in Ensemble level, you have to assign it also to the Instrument.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jonathan Tremblay

Jonathan Tremblay NI Product Owner

Ah right, since it uses a container ensemble.

As such you are right, and have to adjust the Instrument's properties itself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eric-(

Eric-( NI Product Owner

Ok, but how do I go about assigning the midi channel to the instrument? in the DAW ?(in which case, I did that too). Or elsewhere in Monark ?
    As it is, Monark is only usable on midi channel 1 of my DAW and it's getting frustrating since I have followed the user's manual instructions, + the troubleshooting page... If I did everything right, how come it doesn't work?
    I've upgraded from Reaktor Player to the full version just to find out that I still have the same limitation.

8. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

But surely this should not be a problem in the DAW. I do not have to do any of this in Reaper. It just send the MIDI to the ensemble on the its track. What DAW are you using?

9. Eric-(

Eric-( NI Product Owner

I'm using Samplitude Music Studio 2017. I also use other NI products (FM8, Kontakt...), they all work just fine without any hassle.
    Is there any other place in Reaktor which needs midi channel configuring, besides the "connect" window shown above?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019