Re: Official update status - Traktor Scratch

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by bigbadselecta, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

This bug is one that not everyone is seeing, in fact as of last weekend we had 8 confirmed reports so the bug as reported is NOT that widespread. That does not mean this is not important especially to those who see the problem and who have reported it in order to get it fixed.

Given that reported occurences are sparse ANY occurence in the wild outside of test is interesting not because we don't have a good belief that its fixed, but RATHER because the more data we have that proves it is fixed the better off we all are! If that means soliciting test data from users are you saying thats a bad thing to do so?
    Involving users where practical I think is important to ensuring difficult to reproduce problems are solved. Getting involved in tortured discussions about the intent of asking for assistance where practical seems unhelpful.

2. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

really? way to understand the original post, not sure if you are being an ass or if you are thick. if i wrote that it would be to be an ass, not so sure about you .

3. little thumpa

little thumpa Forum Member

DnB is still insanely popular down here! Electro-House and Minimal seem to be the flavour of the year so far and breaks are getting a stronger presence here each year :p
    Lots more international DJ/Producers coming thru (both islands) these days which is great!

Cheers,
    Warwick

4. djchino

djchino New Member

my brake analogy

im sure only one person understood my brake analogy...:| lol..oh well... ill see about recording the signal...how exactly do i do that? and do i get a cookie for my contribution to the debugging effort? and.. these spontaneous reverse playbacks, were they on a specific os?

5. yagru

yagru Forum Member

What are you talking about. First off there are far more than 8 confirmed reports of this bug. I experienced 3 times with only very limitted use of TFS and have spoken to quite a few who had it happen also. Anyway thats irrelevant. Im sorry but the tone of the support on this forum is just way off. Its almost as if when users come to report a bug here that they are on trial. Soliciting data is not bad.. what is bad is that when a user is coming to a forum to report on an already existing known bug and you are telling him he has to record the signal right when it happens after the fact.. and that is your only support response to him.. well thats a little nuts.

6. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

yagru, keep in mind that phil is /not/ support, but a moderator for the user forums (same is true for n_g and quartz).

also, it seems that from those numerous people you talked to, only 8 have contacted official support - posts on the user forum unfortunately do not count in official statistics.

7. djchino

djchino New Member

The BUG....

Maybe the "8" reported bugs is because there is a seemingly huge void between NI in the U.S. and Germany. When I called Technical support, the person helping me had absolutely no idea about the reverse playback issue, I told him about this thread he told me to email him the link so he could check it out. He also said he was going to contact Berlin to see what was going on. So.. if the Customer Service reps here in the U.S. had no idea about the reverse playback problem, maybe they've misdiagnosed dozens more problems, thinking they were something else, or maybe they just gave them the ol' "sorry dude, cant help you" just like I got. NI, this problem can potentially bring very bad press if leaked to the wrong outlets. You already have strong competition from other companys, and Serato is already pretty much an industry standard, if people start finding out that the software has spontaneous reverse playback even on a "few" occasions they will be very apprehensive in buying your software. Honestly, if I had read this forum before I purchased NI, I may have though twice about the program that I would be utilizing at my events. And wheres this Thomas Martin guy at? the one who posted the original update post?

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Berlin

Phil

9. djchino

djchino New Member

Berlin?

So what about this gap between the U.S. and Berlin? Why doesnt their customer service know too much about this issue?

10. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Oh the things you could find buried deep in the Atlantic... ;-)

11. dimitrik

dimitrik Forum Member

Start a sticky for people experiencing reverse playback

I've had the reverse playback happen myself although I didn't report it because it's in the list of things that are being fixed in the update and it's only happened once so I thought it was handled. Also when I try to call NI through the toll-free number in Canada I get a message that the service is not available in my area. Anytime I've called NI I've had to pay long distance. Cost me close to $20 to resolve the warped record issue and about 4 hours of being on hold. I'm not paying again to report the reverse playback. I know I can submit it on the site but out of approx. 5 times I've only gotten a response twice and as I stated above I thought the bug was being fixed in the update.

Maybe a thread could be started where people can just add a post that they have experienced it. Just because 8 have reported doesn't mean there are only 8 people this happened to of course. It's happened to me so I guess that makes it 9.

I would try and record the timecode but the reverse playback happens spontaneously meaning I would have to record each and everytime I spin and hope to maybe catch it when it happens. As I stated above it's only happened once in the three months that I've had it.

I have faith in NI and I'm sure they'll fix it and everyone will be happy. :)

12. djchino

djchino New Member

Maybe their not taking this issue seriously?

Maybe this issue isnt being taken seriously, maybe when people read what users write, everyone in Berlin sits around says Hahahahaha and then tells someone to tell us the update will be out "soon" Then they put bets on how many mad replies i'll post...

Since im fairly new to the DJ thing, I have alot to learn, I know that ill make lots of mistakes, and I know that I have to earn any and how many gigs I get. I also know if people like the way I spin, they'll come back to that spot, off of that I get a reputation, following and chances to further advance my career. I also know that if I spend $600.00 on a program, it should be some decent ****. I'm not rich, I dont have money to throw around, and when I make an investment in something I hope that it will in turn be fruitful and in time, pay for itself. However mi gente, my investment is right now, the equivalent of Enron Stock. I just invested in something that is crashing and burning, and the flames are spreading..meaning I cant use the setup I want to at gigs, I cant dj anywhere that doesnt have a house system, and this is making me irritable. People in Berlin, this will soon not be the exclusive outlet of my frustrations, soon I will be visiting other forums, and voicing my concern about this problem if it is not rectified.

13. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Can we stop being so mellow-dramatic please! :D

14. djchino

djchino New Member

Melodramatic?

Melodramatic is over exaggerating, are you saying im over exaggerating? When Manchester United doesnt make it to the world cup and everyone is like "BLOODY HELL!" is that being Melodramatic? Because my friend, i think you fail to recognize and/or comprehend what Im talking about. I am voicing my concerns, anger and smartass comments on a Native Instruments forum, Native Instruments of course being the owner of the product called Traktor Scratch. I am talking about a program that I bought, that is useless to me because of a bug in the software. Lets break it down, you buy something it doesnt work correctly, what do you do?.......? You try and get ya **** fixed right? Unless of course mommy and daddy bought it for you and you have them go buy another one...Investments and returns are what I base **** on, right now, my investment is useless, I've lost money, and I have a smart ass telling me im melodramatic. I dont mind though, im a smart ass too.. so touche' However, there is a solution to my problem, its called an update thats yet to be released, so until it is, my melodramatic, smart-ass, will be on here every day. Thank you sir.

15. djchino

djchino New Member

Just got this

Thomas Martin
    NI Team Join Date: Mar 2007

Re: Mr. Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by djchino
    Just wanted to know if you have a date for Traktor Scratch's update. Right now I cant utilize the software because It's spontaneous reverse playback is highly unprofessional and is not reliable for live audiences.

I don't know the exact release date myself, but the update is in the final approvement stage so a release within very few days is highly likely, probably even in less than 48 hours. I can can feel your frustration about such a disruptive issue coming up on our system, please hang tight for just a bit longer and it should all be worked out.

Regards, Thomas

16. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Manchester United will never make it to the world cup as they are not a country... but never mind.

This is the comment I was referring too as 'Melodramatic'. Many of us here have problems (including myself) but the update is very much around the corner and will address a large number of issues (fingers crossed). So please dont consider TS as a complete write-off or burning-stock just yet. If you still have persisting problems after the update then by all means poor your heart out throughout these boards.

17. djchino

djchino New Member

However

This update is what I need to utilize my equipment, I cant utilize it until it comes out, therefore it is obolete to me. Therefore I have just wasted money. Until I have a fully functional program, this program does nothing for me.

18. somethingblue

somethingblue Forum Member

I wasn't trying to be an ass at all. My point was even with cars and houses (which are huge purchases), there are always problems because thats natural. Technology isn't always fool proof. The only people being an ass are the ones in this thread threatening to leave NI and complaining about an issue that takes time to fix. People in the thread are complaining that they should have taken more time before releasing TS. These are the same people who said it was taking too long to release in the first place. Now these people are complaining the update is taking too long, but if they released it now, it may not fix everything, so these people would complain once again that they should have taken more time with the update.

Do you see my point? It's one big cycle of nonstop complaining. You can't always fix your biggest problems overnight.

19. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

So if you buy a brand new house in South Florida in the middle of summer and the AC doesn't work, the remote control to the garage door opener needs special batteries in order to work, and they painted your room pink instead of white. You'll be alright with them telling you that the batteries to your garage door opener will come in December and the white paint will be available at the end of December, so they will fix your AC in January when everything is in?

THE POINT IS come out with a fix for stability issues before you come out with "many improvements of the Beatport integration" or "all effects can be also used as inserts", or all the other Fixes or improvements that can wait.

FOCUS ON STABILITY, that is why Serato is the Industry Standard even if it is an inferior product to TS, T3.

20. djsuperflo

djsuperflo Forum Member

djchino

Chill out and be patient dude! Just keep doing sharpening your skills
    with CD's (I know the process and the frustration of burning CD's!) Just a friendly note...ALWAYS HAVE BACK-UP! You cannot always
    depend on a computer to do your work (Digital Djing) sure we all
    have some minor or MAJOR glitches and/or defects, but sometimes we have to do what we can...Rock Da House with
    whatever choice of equipment, Vinyl, CD's mp3's so forth. Just
    be lucky and thankful we are here to see Digital Djing...and hopefully getting better. After all some inexperience Dj's (like myself...lol) learn the hard way, skippiing needles, jammed CD in
    a tray or scratch track, blowing Amps or other equipment!
    Let NI do there thing...I trust them. The peeps helping here in the forum...indeed answered some or all my questions.
    Note: takes time to perfected an awesome piece of software to
    make our Dj jobs alot easier or better.....or have we all gotten lazy all of the sudden!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.