Reaktor 6 Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sowari, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Aaron McPherson

Aaron McPherson NI Product Owner

I'd like to see some more documentation of the factory blocks ensembles, like there is for the factory library. I get the whole DIY ethos, but some people just want to turn knobs and make sounds. Also a proper tutorial, maybe on how to build one of the factory ensembles from scratch, and how to modify it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MvKeinen

MvKeinen NI Product Owner

id like to have a "maschine multi-display module" that works like the normal "multi-display" one. Its contents should be displayed in the two Maschine screens, also in controller mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KoaN

KoaN NI Product Owner

A really simple suggestion but that would be useful for me and maybe others when building.
    Being able to see the value of a numeric readout in building mode "structure view" instead of always going back to the panel and move the object around to see it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Poster

Poster NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  5. mosaic_

mosaic_ Guest

6. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

•Easier tempo syncing for delays and LFOs in core
    •Hovering over A/B Mod buttons could reveal information about their modulation source
    •In structure view, select multiple modules and right click to choose "Encapsulate in New Macro" to create a new macro with your selection inside it, with inputs and outputs created automatically.
    •In structure view, hold a modifier key and drag a selection of modules onto a macro to move that selection to the inside of the macro, with inputs and outputs created automatically.
    •Currently, double clicking a block while in edit mode opens its structure view. It would be nice to have an option to disable this feature, because I always do it accidentally when adjusting parameters with a mouse. Clicking the block's info bar is a better way to open it's structure for me.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tenandtracer

tenandtracer NI Product Owner

•The Factory Library could have more instruments that make use of Core programming, there aren't many examples to learn from currently.

Actually, to my surprise as well, quite near everything in the Standard > Library folder has been rebuilt using Core. Every Sampler, Mixer, Filter, Studio Effect, Debug device, et al.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jedinhopy

Jedinhopy NI Product Owner

2 stereo audio inputs.

9. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

Reaktor can accommodate dozens of inputs since pretty much forever.

10. MvKeinen

MvKeinen NI Product Owner

An automation array module

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brett Lavallee

Thanks for the reply! I guess I was looking in the wrong places, there are a lot of good examples here after all.

12. Jedinhopy

Jedinhopy NI Product Owner

The only vst effect that supports 2 stereo audio inputs is from another company whose the name of the plugin + company name i will not say in this thread.

And this can be done with VST 2.4.

13. marvotron

marvotron NI Product Owner

Patching

1. Edit common properties of multiple selections.
    2. Macro references / aliases. Update 1, all copies update.
    3. Search within structure

General App

1. Multi monitor support : UI on one screen, patching on the other.
    2. Simplify the library :
    At the moment there are 4 Places to look : Player / Library, NI or User. Combine them all and make it searchable (especially consider the browser icon is a magnifying glass, aka Search Icon).
    Allow grouping by type (Blocks, Macros, Ensembles etc..) or by location.
    Allow adding multiple user locations.
    3. Access the User Library from the app browser. For bonus points allow uploads to our account from within the app.

I could go on for days but these would be a great start to making the work flow not so much like building a ship in a bottle.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tomtakestooth

tomtakestooth NI Product Owner

1. Edit common properties of multiple selections.

Absolutely! This would make my life a lot easier..

1. Multi monitor support : UI on one screen, patching on the other.

Wasn't this how Reaktor used to be prior to v5? I seem to remember seeing the panel and the structure view in two separate windows. This would also be incredibly helpful

• Like Like x 1
  15. LaKing@D250.hu

LaKing@D250.hu NI Product Owner

16. Rampensaw

Rampensaw NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lovechld2000

Lovechld2000 NI Product Owner

this is kind of a biggie, a middleware export package for Unity and Unreal to implement procedural audio for gaming. It's the way of the future , has no current clear leader, and is a task that reaktor is capable of meeting

18. Brett Lavallee

A video synthesis block.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brett Lavallee

A Reel to Reel block, with recording and wow+ flutter.

20. Nathan.McCoy

Nathan.McCoy NI Product Owner

Blocks requests

1. It would be cool if default patching could be enabled. I.e., if I drag and drop one block on another, then the most common patching for that combination would be useful to set up. I.e., if I drop an envelope generator on a vca, it would be cool if the out of the EG was automatically wired to the Mod of the VCA. I know, I know - it may be really difficult for Reaktor to know what the user has in mind here. But sometimes I feel as if I'm doing a lot of bookkeeping with blocks that could easily be assumed by Reaktor

2. I would like to press a button and allow the main blocks view to show the ports and the wires (rather than looking at the structure view). This way I could simply drag a connection from/to where I want without having to switch out of the current UI. I recognize that because the blocks are bumped up against each other, this might make for a busy interface. however that's exactly how it is in the real modular world, right? I would like to be able to toggle this off and on.