Reaktor 6 Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sowari, Sep 14, 2015.

1. mosaic_

mosaic_ Guest

Since the blocks already have A and B views, a C view would be nice to implement this. Maybe there could be a special kind of wire whose end positions were saved with the snapshot.

2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

That's not useful, because it prevents from unusable thinking ;) and that's the main thing of modular patching.

3. BLOKDAK

BLOKDAK Member

Some sort of revision control system would be nice. Reaktor is a mature programming environment, so there should be some sort of native support for source control.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

In Reaktor 5 shift and a key from computer keyboard rise up one octave. In Reaktor 6 this feature is vanished.
    Hyperthreat is missing.
    And a colour picking.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  5. colB

colB NI Product Owner

#1 core iteration

Without iteration, core is extremely limited and inflexible for many DSP related tasks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MvKeinen

MvKeinen NI Product Owner

Different incarnations of Hardware Eurorack modules (Different Input/outout configurations) that can load Reaktor ensembles, please.

Maybe throw in an Audiointerface into the eurorack CV, and Audio Ins, connect it via USB and let Reaktor do the calculating. But even better, Have it all in hardware, put a nuc sized mini PC behind the Europanel that can load Reaktorensembles. Connect your monitor and leave the big PC at home :)

the new mini STX motherboard formfactor can load powerful i7 CPUs and would fit behind a Europanel

http://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?id=3160

7. herw

herw NI Product Owner

NI: I think it is time to realize. There is no progress since last year :(

8. Chet Singer

Chet Singer NI Product Owner

There are R5 core macros that I can't find in R6 library. Some of them are quite useful. I port them over from R5 when I need them, but I'd like to see them included in the R6 library so new R6 owners can use them too. I'm baffled that they weren't included in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Chet, where you can find a stacked macro in R5? It's missed there also. So, I've imported it from an older instrument. Since which version of R5 stacked macro gonna away? In R6 is it failed.

10. herw

herw NI Product Owner

? ? ? in R6, same in R5
    _.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Danke herw, habe bei Macro [da wo auch empty macro ist] geguckt.
    Is NI on the way to bring ul in Native Access?

12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

A map created with Mapfile Builder 2 can't load in R6 or said right: all samples are the same [the first]. Load in R5 and save with audios can load in R6 very well.

13. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Player Preset Bug
    Example R6.03 FORM//Hybrid Instruments
    Scroll down to the last entry 'Windy Island.nrkt'. Double click on name. Shown name is Saxony.nrkt but I listen to Windy Island.

Save embedded ssf with ens Bug
    Loading .nrkt save in Embedded (ssf) save ensemble and existing ens in Reaktor has an empty embedded ssf bank. Saved one is okay or is it a FORM bug. Saving Pandora with 4,5 banks all correct.

Renaming embedded ssf is missing.

14. BosseBosse

BosseBosse New Member

15. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/make-an-audio-rate-option-for-control-rate.310078/

If the reaktor program as a whole had a "run at audio rate" option under the control rate settings this would be awesome.

all the new blocks hype is around everything running at audio rate for higher sound quality.

if there were a "run at audio rate" option under the control rate settings then all of the older ensembles created in R5 and before could be picked up to this quality level as well without needing to be rebuilt.

the higher level of cpu power available today makes this very realistic to use without cpu overloads.

one simple little feature can increase sound quality across every ensemble ever built.

please implement an audio rate option for control rate settings.

• Like Like x 1
  16. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Sorry for pissing on your bonfire, but:

#1 Blocks achieve quality through bang up-to-date DSP. If a synth has old tired filters and/or oscs or fx, then upping the control rate will do nothing to improve quality.
    #2 Default control rate is ~400Hz so 100 times slower than audio. A lot of older stuff uses lots of complex, cpu heavy primary structures. This is ok at control rate, but can it really be run 100 time faster without being optimized?
    #3 It's only in certain situations that audio rate modulation makes much of a difference. Fortunately, Blocks have been designed to maximise these situations. Synths designed/developed with control rate modulation probably haven't :(

Maybe better to look at any really good older ensembles as opportunities to 're-imagine' or 're-boot', by reworking them using the new filters, oscillators and table framework, and including audio rate modulation where appropriate?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

I disagree, some of the old ensembles sound great and not tired, improving the finite detail of the waveform changes through modulation would improve the smoothness of sound modulation.

some ensembles would have this problem and some would not, where it can be used to benefit you, you can use it, set the control rate to your needs on a per case basis as needed.

why re-imagine, re-create and re-program all those ensembles when a single feature addition could improve them all at once, not every ensemble will benefit from this but many would.

18. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Your statement here implies that taking an old ensemble and switching control rate to audio rate would improve the sound quality and make it comparable to blocks. This is just not true. If the original had sound quality as good as blocks, then no need to improve it. If it didn't, then increasing the control rate will only help if the slower control rate is the only thing impacting the audio quality when compared to blocks - which is highly unlikely. I thought the breakdown in my last post was making that clear.

19. detech

detech NI Product Owner

Keyboard shortcuts for Snapshot's Add/Store/Insert functions

20. Gluon

Gluon NI Product Owner

I think this should be simple but my request is for more (or configurable) number of outputs when running in plugin mode.
    Today Reaktor allows 8 pairs of outputs when working as Plugin. This is actually restrictive when working in Blocks and looking to send signals out to EuroRack hardware. The 8 pairs also seem locked (i.e I can't choose to have 16 mono instead)