1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Reaktor - Midi Gate doesn't retrigger legato notes?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by zoobooboozoo, May 6, 2014.

1. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 21.31.59.png
    Hi, I'm doing several things with the Gate and can't seem to understand why it won't retrigger legato notes(or maybe it's not suppose to?)...

A simple example:

A gate routed to G in an ADSR envelope.

A clip of four legato notes:

I've connected a numerik readout to the the out of the ADSR enevlope and it goest from 0 to 1 in a rate of the attack but stays at 1 regardless of the notes being played. If I shorten the notes so they are not legato any more it works as I expected: the enevlope retriggers with every note.
    How can I retrigger the envelope each time a note is played regardless of the legato?

BTW - I looked in the manual but couldn't find the answer: what type of value does the Attack recieve? I mean I want to control it with ms, not with a 0 to 80 scale.

Thx in advance, ZBBZ.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  2. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

Thanks aranchnaut, very helpful pic, I got that I need a 2 voiced instrument for the gate to retirgger legato notes.

Concerning the ADSR and ms: Why do you warn me about the linear time?

Here's a quote from the other thread and a link to the ensemble I made, based on Salamndra's glitch. It's now a 2 voices instrument the triggers legato notes.

Attached Files:

3. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

In the above ens. I needed to control the attack in exact ms time that would correlate with the delay time of the glitch...

4. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

Precision setting? :oops:

5. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

you can always set the stepsize to 0 and it won't quantize at all...