1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

reaktor sessions and ableton live 4 crash

Discussion in 'REAKTOR SESSION' started by fondue, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fondue

fondue NI Product Owner

Hi,
    Wondering if there is going to be an update to address this problem. I have contacted ableton and they said that you would be working on an update.

Everytime i use an AU or VST in Live 4 it either crashes unexpectedly or when i exit the program.

Anyone else having this problem? It is 100 percent REaktor Sessions incompatible, I uninstalled it and Live 4 runs perfect, when i reinstalled it (with the update) sessions causes a crash.

2. gmstudio

gmstudio NI Product Owner

Hmmm...I've had exactly the opposite experience so far with RS and Live. RS runs MUCH more reliably under Live than it does for Cubase for me. It remembers patches and settings upon quitting and opens without a problem.

OSX 10.3.5, 640 MB ram.

3. motordog

motordog NI Product Owner

Live4 please confirm...

Hi, Just wondering if this question can be confirmed, with regards to a fix in the next update...I've attempted to open the R-Session in Live, but just having the R-Session filoe in the plugins folder (mac osX.3.5) is enough to craSH LIVE 4 immediately when trying to boot up the app.

(otherwise, not a single problem with Live4)

I would get Reaktor Session if I can use it with Live4 only.

Thanks
    H

4. fondue

fondue NI Product Owner

Still doesnt work for me, all updates installed, live 4 only works 100 percent of the time when i remove the plugins. As soon as the plugins are put back or reinstalled Live 4 crashes constantly, on opening, on quit, randomly. I will save and send my next error report to Ableton and NI.

REaktor Sessions does run flawlessly in Garageband though..

5. gmstudio

gmstudio NI Product Owner

Whoops...looks like I was mistaken.

Last night I had ReaktorSessionFX loaded into the Return channel in Live. Saved, closed, reopened: crashed.

6. motordog

Re: Live4 please confirm...

Perhaps I should be specific and should have mentioned that it was happening with the Demo - R.Session file...maybe the final one works better?

H

7. fondue

fondue NI Product Owner

still doesnt work

Nope, I have the full, latest version of reaktor sessions. its not just an ensemble problem either, many of them do not work. Even the included .ens. like Carbon Synth and the effects..

It doesnt seem to not happen at certain times, in other words, it is completely random when it crashes. I have tried it as the only plugin installed as well, no go.

Its probably something simple and that they could fix easily, especially if they are currently working on a Reaktor update at the moment for Live 4.

8. motordog

how aware of the problem are NI?

Hi Fondue,

As you have the full version, have you been in touch with NI via email about this?...they don't really survey these pages for info systematically...

As ableton has determined that NI has the right angle to resolve this, it should be talked about with them...

H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.