Recording mit Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Nick Reim, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

Hallo.

Ich habe mir die Maschine um zu meinen bereits aufgenommenen Spuren, mit Maschine Drumsounds und weiteres zu meinem Projekt hinzuzufügen.

Leider komme ich nicht ganz klar und hoffe mir hier Hilfe.

Ich habe meine Gitarre aufgenommen und möchte jetzt mit Maschine einen Drumsound hinzufügen.
    Ich habe Maschine als Plugin und Multichannel 16 in Logic angelegt. Ich habe Maschine im Midimodus und z.B. ein Drumkit ausgewählt. Wenn ich jetzt die Pads spiele, werden die Kick, Snare usw auch auf den ingesamt 16 Strips in Logic ausgegeben. Wenn ich aber jetzt aufnehme, wird das aufgenommene Midi nur auf einer Spur ausgegeben und leider auch alles gesamt. Ist es möglich, das z.B. Snare und Kick usw auf ihren jeweiligen Spuren als Aufnahme erscheinen? Weil mir ist der Sinn von den Multi Tracks nicht ganz klar? Warum macht man das, wenn die Aufnahmen nicht auch einzeln dort erscheinen?

Welche Möglichkeiten habe ich den, um meinen Wunsch von Drumsounds zu ermöglichen?

Ich hoffe es wird verstanden was ich meine und es kann mir der ein oder andere Tip gegeben werden.

Vielen Dank

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

You're in the English forum here, so I just translated it.
    You can ask the question in German here,
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/forums/deutschsprachiges-forum.117/
    ------
    I have the machine to add to my already recorded tracks,
    with machine drum sounds and more to my project.

Unfortunately I am not quite clear and hope for help here.

I recorded my guitar and now I want to add a drum sound with the machine.
    I created machine as a plugin and multichannel 16 in Logic.
    I have a machine in midi mode and e.g. selected a drum kit.
    If I now play the pads, the kick, snare, etc. are also output on the 16 strips in Logic.
    But if I record now, the recorded midi will only be output on one track and unfortunately everything in total. Is it possible that e.g. Snare and kick etc appear on their respective tracks as a recording? Because I don't really understand the purpose of the multi tracks? Why do you do that if the recordings don't appear there individually?

What options do I have to make my desire for drum sounds possible?

I hope it is understood what I mean and I can be given a tip or two.

Many thanks
    ------

René

3. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

Click the plus sign in the mixer, it creates an aux track. Create an audio track for the aux track, enable input monitoring. In maschine go to channels and output. Route the sound to output 2. Repeat for all the sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

Wao. Thank your for that.
    I try at the evening.

nick

5. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

What do you mean exactly by creating an audio track to the aux track?

When I go to the audio track and open the submenu with it, ... reorder track appears. Could you perhaps describe this a little more precisely? Many thanks[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

I think it's really very sad and it's a shame that no one is reporting here. Where or who should I ask.

7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I've never used a Mac so never used Logic but for Maschine to output any drums to multiple outs you have to find a tutorial on how to route it into Logic.
    What drums are you using in Machine because that can be awkward to set up ?

8. René must be Unique

9. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

ok thank you for your answers. rene can you please explain your first answer in more detail. I don’t Unterstand that with Output 2 and Creat a Audio Track on the auch Track

tempsperdu

ich watched the Video about multy Tracks and i did. in Logic.
    My Problem is the reason about this Option an how i can record
    i want to record drums to my guitar track If I have the output signals vob snare and kick etc. in the respective aux tracks in the multy tracks, why doesn't the midi file of kick snare etc. appear after the recording in the respective aux track?

10. René must be Unique

I think you mean SKHM's answer. ;)

René

11. tempsperdu

Sorry can't help you there as I don't have Logic.
    What drums are you using in Maschine?

12. Nick Reim

Nick Reim New Member

Oh that’s true Rene
    Sorry for that.
    I am currently walking with my children and it is easy to lose track of them

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Watch this, carefully... It covers everything/most of what you need to know:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020 at 11:59 PM
  14. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Indeed it's a bit awkward to setup Maschine within a DAW, especially when users are not experienced with their gear.
    The thing is, that you can follow very different approaches in using Maschine. If you saw the video posted by D-One you'll get a glue what is possible (and that's not all).

To use or trigger your sounds in Maschine (e.g. drums) you can follow such setups, when you use Maschine-Plugin within Logic.

At least you have this main options:

1.) Using of Maschine sounds as samples (audio) within the DAW by:
    a) drag & drop of entire pattern or single sounds (via audio-icon from pattern editor in pad- or keymode)
    b) export / import (different ways)
    c) routing audio directly to logic (one track or multi-out)

2.) Using of Maschine sounds via MIDI within the DAW by:
    a) triggering sounds by an external controller via MIDI-mode
    b) drag & drop of entire pattern or single sounds (via MIDI-icon from pattern editor from in pad- or keymode)

Note:
    AFAIK, it's not possible (at least in Logic) to create/record MIDI with Maschine, when not in MIDI-mode!
    Based on your desired workflow you have to setup things first when working with Maschine-plugin in a DAW.
    Especially, when using MIDI, you have to route things properly to trigger the right sounds in Maschine.

Of course you can route/drag all sounds (drums) to one channel/track but when it comes to mixing process it could be tricky.

Maybe you should start with those small steps before digging deeper with routings:
    1) Try drag & drop of audio (this should also be covered by the video) - after creating a beat within the Maschine arranger.
    2) Try to use MIDI-mode to record different sounds (Kit) directly to Logic (all sounds to one channel) - this requires the MIDI input routing "Drumkit") within the Group settings - see screenshot. Afterward switch Maschine to MIDI-Mode or use a MIDI-Keyboard (sounds starting from C2!)
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-07 um 10.55.09.png

I hope that helps!
    Hopefully, I forgot nothing :D;)

15. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

“If I now play the pads, the kick, snare, etc. are also output on the 16 strips in Logic.
    But if I record now, the recorded midi will only be output on one track and unfortunately everything in total. Is it possible that e.g. Snare and kick etc appear on their respective tracks as a recording?“

I don’t know what you are trying to do/say...

Are you using the Maschine piano roll or the piano roll in Logic to sequence your drums?

I’m afraid I don’t fully understand your problem. Is it possible to rephrase without too many words the thing you are trying to achieve and the thing that isn’t working?

16. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

You need to create an audio track for every aux track that you want to record. You can’t record to an aux track. And you need an aux track for sending the audio of Maschine to.
    You can do this in different ways:
    - create audio track for aux track
    - or create audio track and have the input set to the aux track.

There are video’s on Youtube that will teach you Logic and also Maschine, and how to properly use both together. I suggest you have a look at them.
    Fwiw, this applies to all multi timbral instruments. So perhaps Google “how to use a multi timbral plugin in Logic

17. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

18. tempsperdu

Nick without knowing what drums you are using we can't really advise on how to route them in and from Maschine.