1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Recording + streaming

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by dbsoundz, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbsoundz

dbsoundz NI Product Owner

Hi @ all...

One question to all lucky peaple spinning already with traktor scratch :eek: :

I like the streaming function in traktor. How is it with a system like traktor scratch? Do I nead another computer to stream a set into the net or is it possible to route the sound out of the mixer back into the computer running scratch and the stream out? Same for recording...!?

TIA

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Traktor Scratch does not have streaming functionality. This is a Traktor feature.

However Traktor 3.3 will support vinyl/cd control and is a free update for Traktor registered users.

Also, you can record your sets with Traktor Scratch via the A8 from routing your tape/aux/booth out to the A8. The recording is the same as TraktorFS & Traktor in that regard.

3. dbsoundz

:( Oh ok... but isn't scratch compatible to Traktor 3? I think I read, that I can use also the coming Traktor 3.3 with scratch?!

I think I don't understood this, sorry. Are you talking about the crossgrade offer? If I understnad this right, I can use then streaming functionality in Traktor?!

Yes, but can I record that with the same Computer? Or do I need a second one for that... It should be possible to Route the sound back into the computer and then record it with another recording tool...?!

Thanks very much for your answer/help :)

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Hey dbsoundz,

Just to clear somethings up for you.

1) Traktor 3.3 will support vinyl/cd control with the Audio 8 and Certified products.

2) Traktor 3.3 is a free upgrade for registered users just as regular updates were previous. You still will have to purchase the Traktor Scratch package however.

But, keep in mind registered Traktor owners receive a crossgrade discount on the Traktor Scratch package as well.

3) You can record your sets via Traktor Scratch on the same computer just as you could with TraktorFS & Traktor 3.

4) Traktor Scratch does not contain the broadcast feature from Traktor. This is an Traktor option only. However there are other ways to broadcast from the same PC using Traktor Scratch. I personally use a seperate workstation to broadcast my radio shows.

Now for the shameless plug, you can check out my radio shows here www.djquartz.ca/jukebox.htm

* Don't be too hard on my first show. I was nervous when I was speaking, ha ha

All these shows were recorded with the Traktor Scratch recording function.

Note: My shows were re-encoded @ FM quality after being compressed to shrink the file size. The stream is encoded @ 22khz.

5. dbsoundz

Thanks very much for your answer!

OK, so, some things are clear now :)

Yes, I will get a crossgrade offer... and can't await it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.