Released: Straylight

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Mick @ NI, May 23, 2019.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 15.47.22.png

Granular-based sound design
    • Unique cinematic granular timbres
    • Tailored modulation with precise control of intensity and timing
    • Deep sound design options for creating all-new sounds
    Craft unique cinematic soundscapes, transitions, and ambient tones in real-time. Built for sound designers and film, TV, and game composers, STRAYLIGHT is ideal for everything from post-apocalyptic sci-fi to gritty thrillers. It combines specialized grain and sample playback modules with carefully captured sound sources, effects, and a powerful performance-based X-Y modulation matrix, allowing inspirational dynamic performance and sound design, direct to picture.

More info and sound demos: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/straylight/

• Like Like x 1
  2. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Oh no. Not again. Stop taking my money!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. telecode101

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It does demand quite some CPU, but generic figures are not really helpful. The faster CPU, the better, of course. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I ain't saying nuffin ........................:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. AndreasHe

AndreasHe NI Product Owner

Do those single Products automatically become part of a Komplete 13? Therefore I wonder if it makes more sense to wait and upgrade from Komplete 12 and getting those included.

7. telecode101

I think down the road they might. Super 8 most probably will. But I am not so sure about Starlight. It all comes down how much of komplete stuff do you actually think you will use.

8. corbo-billy

corbo-billy NI Product Owner

Can we load user's samples ?

9. EvilDragon

10. marshall watson

marshall watson New Member

I'm getting an error saying Kontakt needs to be updated to run the file, but I'm on the latest vs.

Attached Files:

11. JonL

JonL NI Product Owner

The page says that an i7 or higher is required. Does that really mean it won't work well on my quad core 2018 macbook pro with 2.3 GHz i5?

12. EvilDragon

You're not on the latest version, you have Kontakt 5. Straylight requires Kontakt 6.1.

Probably, that's a quite slow CPU. Straylight really likes faster CPUs (closer to and above 4 GHz, not closer to 2).

13. Nagato

Nagato New Member

^ Thanks for clarifying. I plan on upgrading my 2011 iMac with a 2.8 GHz i7 later this year. I will wait until upgrade to a new iMac before I buy Straylight.

Sonically, Straylight is like a Gravity/Orbit re-imagining, same type of niche. From the demo tracks, it sounds impressive to me.

14. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

Does this product utilize HT cores?

15. EvilDragon

Kontakt can. That doesn't depend on the particular library, there's a multiprocessing option in Kontakt.

16. Steve Mosher

Steve Mosher NI Product Owner

Has anyone tried messing with those settings while using Kontakt inside Maschine? Maschine should be threading Kontakt as its a plugin no?

17. EvilDragon

No. Hosts cannot multithread on plugin's per-voice level like Kontakt can do internally.

18. KikkoAndMoonman

KikkoAndMoonman New Member

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but I wanted to triple check. We have full control with our midi keyboard for melodies/harmonies (and utilising the percussive elements) using Straylight, right? It's not just loops of pre-recorded melodies/harmonies/rhythms in which we can alter the sound?

Thank you!

19. MRI

MRI NI Product Owner

Yes, you have full control over melodies and harmonies. There are no loops in the content at all.
    You can for example play a chord on a transition sound and put it into a harmonic context and it will stay synchronised to your host project.

20. KikkoAndMoonman

KikkoAndMoonman New Member

Thanks for your reply!

What do you mean by the synchronisation with the host and such? Sorry!