REPLIKA - Official feedback and questions thread

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Keir @ NI, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community, man NI Team

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum for the Replika. We're very interested to hear your feedback. Before you start, please read the note below from the FX team:

Please Note: Due to a technology switch, Replika raises the bar with its requirements and still has a few issues that will be fixed in an Update.

1.) Requirements
    Replika requires graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 - if you see any issues on your computer, please download and install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Drivers can be found here:
    Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
    AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Replika requires Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.

On Macintosh computers, Replika only runs in 64-bit hosts. If you can't see Replika in your plugin-list, your host is probably running in 32-bit mode. To change that, localize its .app file, then right click > Get Info > uncheck the checkbox "Open in 32-bit mode".

This doesn't work for ProTools - on Mac OS X, Replika requires ProTools 11.

If you are using Replika in Maschine 2, please update to version 2.2.1 .

2.) Known Issues
    On Mac, there are still a few problems that we don't have any influence on at the moment - we will work on getting these fixed for a forthcoming update:

a) In Cubase and Reaper we have seen a scanning crash during the very first startup after installing Replika. This only happens once, then works fine.

b) We have seen random crashes when unplugging Replika. These were reported for Live 9, Studio One and Reaper. In Logic 9, this can happen when dragging the plugin between slots with multiple instances open.

c) In Cubase 7.5 there is a crash when closing the host, but no data is lost.

d) In Studio One we also have several smaller problems; on Windows as well. Full support for Studio One will be provided with an upcoming update.

Despite Replika being a delay, we worked hard to make it happen in time for the holidays instead having it delayed - and we're quite sure you will enjoy it a lot.
    However, should you feel severely affected by any of the aforementioned limitations, please stay calm and wait for the update

Have nice holidays / Christmas / New Year's or whatever else you like to celebrate in your corner of the planet! :)

Best wishes from Berlin,
    Your NI effects team

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jon nesbitt

jon nesbitt New Member

if anyone has tried to install this on logic pro 9 (32bit) and could help me locate this .app file so i can change it to 32bit please let me know, i have just updated to OS X yosemite so files my not be where they are on previous OS X

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geoff311

Geoff311 New Member

Im trying to open it in Logic Pro 9 as well. I unchecked the "Open in 32 bit mode" box that supposedly changes the program to 64 bit which is found in the 'Logic Pro' applications folder, but its seems to still be running in 32 bit. My computer is clearly capable of it since I purchased it in 2012. I am running OS X Yosemite as well. Would appreciate the help!

4. Franks pappa

Franks pappa New Member

Thank you! But right now my Cubase 8 crashes when removing (or unplugging) Replica from an insert.
    Mac Pro Nehalem 2.2Ghz, 15 GB Ram, OSX 10.9.5, Cubase Pro 8.

5. Felix @ NI

Felix @ NI NI Team NI Team

6. chris.r.b

chris.r.b New Member

So no chances to run this one on XP?

7. Felix @ NI

Hey @chris.r.b

No, on the Windows side we had to move on to only supporting Win7 and Win8.
    On the Mac side, it's now OS X 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10 .

8. Felix @ NI

Hey @Franks pappa

thanks for sharing your system specs! We didn't see that in Cubase 8 so far, but it could probably be related to the random issues explained in the sticky above. We'll try to find a solution with our partners and deliver a fix with an update. If this happens often, an idea for now might be: Don't unplug Replika, instead deactivate it - or better yet: just use it! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. JArte

JArte New Member

I have some issues using Fl Studio, when I open mora than one instance of the plugin it crashes showing an acces violation warning. I can use multiple instances without crash in Reaper, so it seems a Fl specific bug.
    My specs: Win 8 x64, 32 gb RAM, intel i7 3820, Nvidia quadro 4000, fast track ultra, all of them with the lastest drivers and updates.
    Anyway, great delay unit, thank you so much and Merry christmas!!

10. Felix @ NI

Hey @JArte

Are you on FL Studio 11? You're the third one to report this now, so it doesn't seem to be an isolated thing. We haven't seen that problem in any other hosts so it could be related to either FL Studio or us, but this will require deeper investigation. Thanks for the report, once we have an update we'll also announce it here.

11. JArte

JArte New Member

Actually I´m using Fl 11 and the public beta of 12 for testing purposes with a revamped/vectorial UI and both of them crash. I try to fix using "fixed buffers" in the wrapper options, disabling "check for graphic changes" and at the moment, none of these fix the problem. I will post this issue tomorrow in the Image line support forums too.

12. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

felix can you update spectral delay that was your best delay plugin and you no longer sell it and it blew this one away:(

13. xXx_Magellan_xXx

xXx_Magellan_xXx New Member

every time i open replika, FL Studio Crashes. FL Studio gives an access violation error, and this makes me very sad because I have lost several project files due to the crashing of replika.

14. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

ive been trying replica out on my pc it seems its working fine no issues so far.ive tried replicating the bugs posted above and not crashed Cubase or had any graphic problems.hope this helps
    heres my specs...

Cubase 7.52 32 bit
    intel Pentium dual core e5800 3.2 ghz
    4gb ram
    windows 7

15. Vitamin_D

Vitamin_D NI Product Owner

Cubase Artist 7.5.30 64 bit
    Intel i5 2500
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64
    ATI HD 4830 using latest drivers
    1680x1050 32-bit resolution / bit depth

Sometimes the GUI loads, sometimes it is black with a smaller, white rectangle in the top, right corner of the panel.

GUI sluggish.

I set the plugin to the generic display mode in Cubase (rack of sliders -- no graphics) and it works fine except I still cannot select presets. Upon attempting to select presets, the plugin goes back to the current (init) preset. Yet it doesn't re-initalize the preset. It just doesn't load anything.

I doubt it is my video card or driver as I have other more intensive graphics software (Nik Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc) that don't have any sort of issues. And, besides, in the generic gui mode, it isn't even using the fancy graphics.

16. Cursed

Cursed New Member

When trying to install it only gives me the option for VST or AAX. There is no RTAS option?

17. kidevol

kidevol Forum Member

Hello can you please help. I can`t found the .app file to move from 64 bit Version to 32 bit Version. How do i do this? Please do you have an step by step instruction for this?

Can`t find an solution in link to apple named on top!

Iam on a Mac! 10.8.5

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

On OSX Replika is only 64-bit.

19. kidevol

kidevol Forum Member

Hello thanks for your reply!

Why do they are saying:

Please note: On Macintosh computers Replika only runs in 64 bit hosts. If you can`t see Replika in your plugin list, your host is probably running in 32 bit mode. TO CHANGE, that, localize its .app file, the right cklick >Get Info> uncheck the checkbox "Open in 32 bit mode"

What do they mean with that?? Do they mean the host to change in 64 bit?

Live is running in 32 bit mode. So this is not going to work?

20. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah, you need to run it in 64-bit mode.