1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

ridiculous amount of problems live, Belgium, Germany

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by John Daminato_Tf, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Daminato_Tf

John Daminato_Tf NI Product Owner

I see, you have very few problems, not have had a few problems. I glanced over that too quick..

See I don't understand what you mean "The program will try and lay the wrong beats" When Im mixing on turntables, I dont want this program to try to do anything but change the pitch and speed exactly as I say..No matter what the program thinks the tempo should be. These statements lead me to believe you are using this ware differently then me. Keep mentioning sync and exact tempo's is very important to you.

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you are putting too much stress on your USB or something, that could be it too? I've heard of problems like this as well[/QUOTE]

My cpu is barely stressed, if the usb is stressed then NI is drawing too much power.
    [/QUOTE]
    I do agree with you that NI has horrible support, but everyone knows that already. I guess I was spoiled when i was using serato, the support is amazing. It's not very reassuring when I make part of my living off Djing and I can't get basic technical help to do my job from NI. I keep getting responses from Jason Emsely saying "read pg xxx of the manual and let me know" its a joke and if they dont get their at together, people will stop supporting them including me[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's horrible, but it def needs improvements in the speed of reply's for starters. Cant have a problem with this system and wait days for replys...

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

hmmmm... i'm using key lock all the time, so this cant be the cause.

anyways: on TS you cannot check exactly if a record is pressed off-center, since you would need the sync button for this, but this is a T3 feature.

but anyways, put the same track in the decks and let one run in internal mode, the other via vinyl control. check out how fast the track drifts. try the other vinyl side, if it's the same.

as said before, on my records, ther is a significant difference.
    and forget that this could be your technics. i've only seen turntable drifts on cheap turntables, belt-driven turntables etc. but never on real 1210s. mine are about 10 years old now and dont drift at all.

for the syncing stuff: TS doesnt do anything on that. and T3 does only if you want to. T3 and TS gives you visual help, but it's up to you if you want to use these, e.g. beatgrids.

having tracks analyzed however is always a good thing.

3. nopattern773

nopattern773 Forum Member

Maybe you are putting too much stress on your USB or something, that could be it too? I've heard of problems like this as well[/QUOTE]

My cpu is barely stressed, if the usb is stressed then NI is drawing too much power.
    [/QUOTE]
    I do agree with you that NI has horrible support, but everyone knows that already. I guess I was spoiled when i was using serato, the support is amazing. It's not very reassuring when I make part of my living off Djing and I can't get basic technical help to do my job from NI. I keep getting responses from Jason Emsely saying "read pg xxx of the manual and let me know" its a joke and if they dont get their at together, people will stop supporting them including me[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's horrible, but it def needs improvements in the speed of reply's for starters. Cant have a problem with this system and wait days for replys...[/QUOTE]

Dude, im not using it differently than you. I use two turntables, a mixer and a pair of headphones, that's it, no syncing or anything else, TS DOESNT SYNC! It says in the manual that using beatgrids prevents traktor from "Trying to lay the wrong beats on top of each other and causing the phase meter to jump around" so when i said that it was straight from the user manual

I use traktor just like normal vinyl dude, all im saying is that you need to prepare your tracks correctly for it to work, that's all i mean. You say it shouldnt matter when you are making manual adjustments but if traktor doesnt know the right speed or where the beats are, your adjustments will be improperly calculated. Remember, this is not vinyl, it's a computer program.

ive played about 5 gigs with it so far in LOUD clubs since the two months ive owned it and had no problems. I mix techno and do very long blends and have no problems. you just have to take the time to set it up right. it's not like serato where you can just plug in a drive and start going at it

4. DJ Freshfluke

yup TS doesnt sync. that section should only explain that you cannot make real use from the phase meter without beatgrids.
    the phase meter is a visual aid. you may want to use it or not, it's just up to you. you can even turn it off in the preferences.
    seems like i have to rewrite that section to make it a bit more clear :)

5. John Daminato_Tf

I just realized a new problem that Im sure is contributing and maybe an indicator of me having the bunk pressings of control vinyl . +6% on my turntable is showing +6.5% in the ware! So I checked on the technics, thinking maybe I sped them up and there not perfect, but either way the top red pitch dot on the platter is perfectly still, indicating its spinning at +6%.

Im not sure if this is normal but, lets say your matching beats and you need to touch the edge of the platter to lock in quickly. When doing so you can see the pitch first decline then raise above the original pitch and then kinda slowly return to original pitch...? What made me first look at this is, I would use this technique and sometimes the records would be more out of beat in the same direction after attempting to slow them down...Meaning the pitch actually sped up a little trying to return to its original setting....Like I said this could be normal but I never realized it until I started having issues.

BTW the tech hasnt returned my last reply since November 26th! Thats pretty bad, if he ran out of ideas, then he should say so, not just leaving me wondering with an existing unsolved issue.
    Ticket#2007110210000391

6. jay michael

jay michael Forum Member

same boat here, 2 unanswered tech support tickets going on
    3 weeks! i guess they are just massively flooded with all the
    problems. what a joke

7. nopattern773

nopattern773 Forum Member

+3 no answer on my ticket either!

8. DJ Freshfluke

john, i forwarded your ticket number.

jay & nopattern: i need your ticket numbers to investigate!

9. jay michael

jay michael Forum Member

10. DJ Freshfluke

jay, your case has been taken care of. also, there were already mails sent out to you... i'm resending these now to you as PM.

11. John Daminato_Tf

Any new news on this? The tech was supposed to send me new vinyls because we may have determined that they were part of the problem. Never received them, that was months ago. The last gig I did I had some issues, I asked the other dj to do a couple cuts using my set up. His exact words "Something is not right" Since then I have given up on this system. Too much drama.

12. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Hello John,

Do you have a support ticket filed for this?

13. John Daminato_Tf

Ticket#2007110210000391

14. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

It has been forwarded.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.