Roland sample import??

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by marcvilanova, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcvilanova

marcvilanova New Member

Any news on whether Kontakt will support Roland S760 format sample disk import in a future version?

I have an extensive library in this format and I'd like to know that Kontakt could do this before I buy it.

Regards - Colin

2. xqtion

xqtion New Member

bump
    same here
    please support roland libraries

3. dinerdog

dinerdog NI Product Owner

Whoa, Roland support would be AMAZING! I would pay extra for that. No one's been able to do it. If anyone can engineer this it would be the Germans. This would be even more than I hoped for. TIA :)

4. Thompson

Thompson New Member

CDXtract does Roland Imports perfectly. All they would have to do is just add Kontakt file format as their output.

5. musos

musos NI Product Owner

CDXtract is close, but not quite perfect. I'm beta-testing the new Mac version and there are still a few issues. CDXtract is not converting the volume levels of individual samples within a partial, so some patches have volume balance problems.

But that's an interesting thought....I'll ask if Kontakt can be supported in future.

Regards - Colin

6. Julian Ringel

Julian Ringel NI Product Owner

Hallo,

we would love to implement the Roland S-xxx import, but have at this moment no access to the file format. If anyone knows more details about the file format and is willing to share them, please contact me.

Regards,
    Julian Ringel :: Product Manager :: KONTAKT

7. musos

musos NI Product Owner

I e-mailed Bernard Chavonnet (the creator of CDXtract) and he said that he's a betatester for Kontakt and that he plans to support this format as soon as possible.He added the Reaktor format to CDXtract a long time ago.

So....it seems that with Kontakt + CDXtract, things will work out fine.

Regards - Colin

8. GeorgeWare

GeorgeWare NI Product Owner

Same here PLEASE support Roland

George Ware

9. john blox

john blox New Member

I got the disk format off Roland about 6 years ago when I considered writing a format convertor. I just phoned them up and they sent it. I probably still have it somewhere. But I think It would be better to finish off the other import types first. ie akai cd -> hd in 1 go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.