Rumors or guesses for next Maschine update (no complaints!)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DynaMaltee, Aug 25, 2018.

1. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

Hi Everyone,
    I opened this thread to exchange about rumors, guesses, knowledge? ;) on upcoming updates for Maschine. Expecially for those who like to use Maschine for complete pattern-oriented production of songs and mastering - which is already possible even with the little "shortcomings". There is already a "sticky list" from a NI moderator with all feature requests from users in this forum.

This thread shall NOT be for complaints about what Maschine cannot do, because the system was originally intended as a beat making tool. However many of us appreciate the incredible, unprecedented quality of hardware integration and workflow. And it would be wonderful if NI would make it more an more into a "DAW" - which is I think a difficult thing when you don't want to lose workflow focus.

SO MY GUESS: 1) They are working on a Maschine Studio II 2) There will be an update that adresses automation enhancement and "real" pitch up/down in the sampler module without changing playback timing (as already in the audio module).
    (sry for my english - writing from germany)

2. Olihop

Olihop NI Product Owner

This had been mentioned in the open letter on the development of audio tracks. There is a good chance that this will be included in the sampler for the next update.
    And for automation, it's urgent that they do something more, my god it's so long !

3. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

There's been no indication so far that they have any interest in doing anything to automation which is a major bugbear for me at least becasue as it stands it's a bad joke and possibly more deserving of being made usable than the much mooted song mode. I'm probably getting Mux to deal with it but really should we need to?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

6. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Well traktor was uberstagnated for the opposite reason...

7. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

But I thought all the delays where due to the komplete kontrol .......smh

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  8. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Not sure.
    Maybe Maschine 3.0 is in the pipeline.
    Deeper integration in DAWs, more audio features, performance recording, automation tools/ overview,..... are huge steps - maybe they rewrite 2.x again.
    ;):confused:

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Where did you get that impression from? Traktor Dev team could be completely different from Machine's... I can't say for sure but at least the KK team is different, that was stated before here by NI officials.

10. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 1
  11. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

I think that is the reason the mk3 looks the way that it does... it is like a more modern MStudio. They will probably combine jam and studio making it 8x8 grid 64 pads... who knows, maybe that is why they also place the pads a bit closer to each-other, so if they were to introduce 64pads the controller wouldn't be too overly large

12. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Rumours that the new Studio is going to be based on The Linnstrument are probably false because I just made it up.......................:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...aren't the pads closer together, because they're larger? If I remember correctly, the distance from each pads' centre has remained the same, so they aren't smaller and thus a 64 pad grid wouldn't be as well.

My guess for a new Studio model would be a large touch screen (for things like a 64 pattern matrix). Compared to the Mk3 it would need to bring additional value in both hardware and functionality and I'm not sure, if 64 pads would provide that.

...looking at things like TRK-01 - clearly...:(

14. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

You're right... they are bigger... i thought they were closer. ok cool... that would make 8x8 even bigger lol

15. just1n

just1n NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Interesting article, they should do more of these where backend stuff is explained.

Well... at least now I know why the Bass Synth came about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

I hope they integrate maschine with traktor and allow to use vst's as insert/send FX.

• Like Like x 2
  18. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

it will come with an expansion pack of Massive presets (new buyers only)