1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

S4 Setup advice

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by wouldbeking1, Dec 6, 2013.

1. wouldbeking1

wouldbeking1 New Member

Hi there, I am playing my first gig in public on Saturday evening. My setup is an S4 with Traktor on my macbook pro..At home I use two XLR to jack output cables to connect to my KRK monitors. Now heres the problem I have. I have been told to bring along a 'phono lead to go into the mixer'...I am completely confused as to what to go and buy for the night..Is this simply an RCA to RCA? and how many do I need to buy?

Thank you!!:)

2. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Phono is another name for RCA. DJ mixers almost always have RCA inputs for their channels.

3. wouldbeking1

wouldbeking1 New Member

Okay, I thought so...So do I just need to buy one? how long should it be do you think?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way!

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

I'd go for a cable that's 2-3 metres as your setup may need to be a little way away from the mixer.

5. wouldbeking1

wouldbeking1 New Member

thanks bro!

6. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

Make the time to check out the venue BEFORE you show up to perform. Take pictures of the house mixer's inputs and the club's nearest power location. In short, be prepared when you show up to perform.

-KLH