S8 Midi Mapping

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.5 Public Beta Test' started by Mert, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Mert

Mert Forum Member

I had a try to Map my S8 , but I cant get it worked. Did anyone try this feature ? For me the ultimate killer feature !

2. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi,

Have a look at the release notes, it shows how you can set it up.

3. Mert

Mert Forum Member

Yes I did it but I cant get work this point :

"Click the Device Mapping drop-down menu and it will show a list of 16 MIDI Channels. Hover you mouse over your desired MIDI output channel, and a sub-menu will open with message types "CC", "Note", and "Pitch Bend". You can select Pitch Bend to map the MIDI Pitch Bend message to this control, or you can hover your mouse over one of the other two menus to open up a list of specific CC and Note numbers/names–you can then click one of these to map the control to the specified Note or CC."

I mapped the buttons with the Channel and CC number of the Controller manager but I didn't worked ... where can I see what address the button / knob is ?

thx for help

4. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

What do you mean with address? The CC, Note or Pitchbend you assign to a knob or a fader will then send this out over midi when you move the fader or press the button so you can could map this in Ableton for example to one of their controls.

5. Mert

Mert Forum Member

Oh ... Sorry, I think I misunderstood this feature. I wanted to map this something in Traktor , not a external Software or gear. :-( I think that's why the learn button in traktor controller editor didn't worked.

6. Wagon Teddy

Wagon Teddy New Member

i want do the same Mert but dont found, for exemple i want use fader 1 for increase or decrease tempo on deck A , if anyone can help we ! :)
    ps : sorry for my english

7. Mert

Mert Forum Member

I've noticed its only possible to map external software. I called yesterday the support and they said " is it possible to map more than one function on a button or a knob" ... I told the woman on the support hotline - yeah, this can every cheap midi controller... after a long time in the waiting loop my phone call was killed... :-( not so much help

I mapped some midi controls to Ableton but I want to do something in Traktor like Macro Knob's .... :-(