1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Sample Rate Stuck

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Joshua Ronis, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Joshua Ronis

Joshua Ronis New Member

Hi, I'm having problems with changing the sample-rate for Kontakt. It's stuck at 48000. The driver I'm using is Wasapi(shared mode). Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

upload_2019-1-6_14-43-14.png

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

You have to change that in windows sound manager.

Uwe

3. Joshua Ronis

Joshua Ronis New Member

Uwe303 thank you, I can't seem to find that anywhere though...

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Right click on the speaker icon then playback device/properties/advanced then you can set it to CD or something

Uwe

5. Joshua Ronis

Joshua Ronis New Member

Uwe303 . Shouldn't there be more options for the sample rate? That's all it gives me; I just got this PC, back on my MacBook I had more sample rate options, and I could do it straight from kontakt. The reason I need to change the sample rate is that I want to hook up my electric drumset to the PC, and right now there's too much latency. Thank you so much. I've never had problems before, so I never had to learn any of these technicals.
    upload_2019-1-7_7-6-22.png

Attached Files:

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

It depends on the audio chip which sample rates are supported.

Try using ASIO4ALL instead of WASAPI then. Also, if this is just a regular built-in audio chip on motherboard, you should probably invest in a proper dedicated audio interface with proper low-latency ASIO drivers. Then you don't need to bump up sample rate to reduce latency.

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

It's just a simple build in soundcard but you could use asio4all driver, that's good for performance.

Uwe

8. Joshua Ronis

Joshua Ronis New Member

EvilDragon Uwe303 Thanks to both of you. I just tried Asio4All, but every sample-rate gave me a bunch of static. As for the audio interface, what do you recommend, and why didn't I need to do this with my MacBook before (or with any MacBook I've ever had)? Do MacBooks just probably have a better audio chip?

9. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Maybe you had to increase buffer size with asio4all, if you open the panel click on the wrench and then you have more options. On my laptop asio4all works great with the build in soundcard and asio4all. And yes maybe in your case the laptop has a build in soundcard of poor quality but I wouldn't say in general that Apple has better soundchips in the laptops.

Uwe

10. Joshua Ronis

Joshua Ronis New Member

upload_2019-1-7_12-9-37.png

Uwe303 what should I do? I'm still getting static :(

upload_2019-1-7_12-16-45.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
  11. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Open asio config then clicb on the wrench and set buffer higher till you dont have dropouts or increase to 1024 and go lower from there in little sösteps

Uwe

12. EvilDragon

That's not going to help his latency, though.

I would suggest checking out Focusrite or Audient audio interfaces.

It's not so much about the audio chip, but about CoreAudio audio subsystem that Mac has, but Windows doesn't. Windows has WASAPI but it's not matching the performance of CoreAudio - this is what ASIO is for, and why you get separate audio interfaces on Windows. ASIO4ALL is not a "true" ASIO driver but it can make a difference in some configurations. For some others it might not help at all.

Do note that even on Mac plenty of people use external audio interfaces, for various reasons (more I/O, specific features, quality of preamps/DACs, etc.)

13. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

Yes of course it's just an intermediate solution best is of course a good audio interface like the new focusrite or steinberg. But asio4all can help if you don't have the money yet but will make something.

Uwe

14. EvilDragon

Also I do think that he should have "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" checkboxes disabled. This might be the cause for the static noise, since there was certainly some programs taking custody of the audio device, locking it to one sample rate, then when A4A/Kontakt wanted a different one, all hell broke loose.