1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Search for songs NOT in playlists

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by crucial d, Oct 30, 2011.

1. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

I have found quite a few tracks in my collection that haven't yet been added to any playlist.

It would be fantastic to be able to specify a search of the collection to show what needs to be sorted, i.e. isn't already assigned to a specific playlist

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Press 'Enter' key after typing your search string and your search looks in the collection and not just the playlist your in.

3. Bkag

Bkag Forum Member

I think what he is getting at is searching and the results only being tracks which haven't been added to a playlist (hiding tracks that are in a playlist)

4. crucial d

@Bkag:
    Exactly. When I find a song that I've imported to collection but haven't as yet put anywhere specific, I check by right-clicking and doing a 'search in playlists'. It then shows me a small dialog showing what, if any, playlists the track is referenced to, Or it confirms to me that the track is NOT yet in any specific playlist.

What I'm looking for is a global command asking Traktor to search the entire collection for ALL tracks that have not yet been associated with a specific playlist.

@Karlos, thanks for your tip, but if you look at my request it asks to be able to 'specify a search of the COLLECTION'

Maybe it could go a step further and a feature could be built in that can generate lists of playlists and / or collection which have selectable Metadata showing...

5. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yeah i didn't get it on first read, may bad.

6. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Ooh. You mean like similar to smart playlists. I'd go for that.

7. crucial d

Has anyone here ever found tracks that you forgot were in the collection?

And then thought <damn> this is a good track, if only I'd played it in XYZ set....

<<<<<bump>>>>>

8. Weißer Bart

Weißer Bart NI Product Owner

This would be possible with iTunes style smart playlists.

You could make playlists for collection management for example.

All files not in any playlist
    All files missing stripe
    All files without cue points
    Missing files
    Duplicates
    Files <***kbps
    Files </> ***BPM...

The list could go on and on. If anyone has any tips on collection management I'd love to hear them or links to articles, forum posts etc.