1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Second time, NO POWER TO MY AUDIO 8

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by nikoStar, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

My Audio 8 box has been giving me trouble with USB power. Every time it doesn't work I would figure it was the USB cord and buy a new one. But now there is no power AT ALL to the box. I called tech support and they told me to send the box in, but i DJ 4 nights a week, and the two week return time is CRAZY! If anyone has a better solution please let me know. Cause I am inches away from going to the store and just buying SSL cause that box doesn't mess up ever. But i know that traktor is the better software, at least for me, but if the hardware doesnt work, it doesnt matter what the software is like.

2. chusjodar

chusjodar Forum Member

woaw...sorry man!

hey man,so sorry....do u play using cd's or turntables....anyway,why you don't pass all your music to regular cd's and you play with them!

best regards from barcelona

3. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

lol, over 33,000 songs. I don't think so. Plus isn't that the reason i got a laptop and this program, as not to be burning cd's all day every time i get some new songs.

There has to be a better option. Can someone please give some advice.

4. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Do you get any power to the Audio 8 when you connect it to another USB port or computer?

If not, file a support ticket asap and post the ticket # here.

Thanks

5. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

try a powered hub or a usb-Y-cable. Maybe your USB-port doesn't have enough power...

6. twistedpickles

twistedpickles Forum Member

7. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

i called it in. I think its messed up they can't give me a loaner box until mine gets fixed. But I guess thats just how it is. I think i am gonna get the serato box anyway, just to make sure. I was supposed to get an email confirming the talk i had with the tech guy, but i still haven't seen it. I'll post the ticket number later when i get back in. I'll keep you posted.

8. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

I tried all the USB slots, and also the comp was fully charged. An interesting fact is that when i plugged it in, the box was not recognized as a compatible device, and also when i tried to reload the drivers, it couldn't finish cause it wouldn't recognize the box.

9. twistedpickles

twistedpickles Forum Member

a bad audio8? good luck. by the way where ya playing at...i get around

10. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Go to Guitar Center or somewhere else and buy an Audio8. Send yours in. When you get it back, return that Audio8 you bought.

11. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

I play at opium on friday nights upstairs, i play different venues on saturdays and sundays around miami. and then occasionally on wednesdays and thursdays in ft. lauderdale.

ticket number is: 200804141618

How long am i supposed to wait for this fed ex box?

and sam ash down here doesn't really do returns like that. If the box is opened they charge 15%, and then most times they only give you a store credit.

12. chilly

That stinks man. It was just an idea. Albeit a 'scammy' idea. I dunno what else to tell ya. :-(

Opium on Friday's? That's tight. Are you like me where you are one of the few DJs in your area that plays on Traktor?

13. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

Yea, Most people use serato, but i can tell the difference in sound quality. I mean I guess the people in the party don't really hear the difference, but i do, and sometimes the promoter does also. So i would rather be on the right side of that fence. But this Audio 8 Box is killing me, cause i was in the studio a couple days ago about to make a mix, and now I can't. How much does the audio 8 box cost by itself? I might just buy one.

I still haven't heard anything from the traktor people, and haven't gotten my fed ex box yet. That week and a half they told me is definitely looking like two weeks now. THIS SUCKS!

14. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

Reaching my limit

I still haven't received my fed ex box yet, so I called in to NI to see what was up, apparently the "shipping guy" has been out sick, and he is the only on that handles this stuff, so I am unfortunately gonna have to wait until he gets back in.

WHAT!

I'm done with this, thanks traktor, but NO THANKS. I left a message with a supervisor, lets see if he calls back......

I'll keep you posted.

15. chilly

Damn man.

I had a similar experience with an authorized vendor for Pioneer for my DJM800. I was without it for almost 4 months. I hope things turn around for you.

I would hate hearing that a company like NI's lack of customer service would turn you to a competitor. But such is life and the lessons that are learned from it.

Looks like NI has some room for improvement on customer service issues.

16. djquartz

Ok, this shouldn't be happening.

I will escalate this Nikostar, sorry for the worries. I'll do my best.

17. chilly

Quartz, even though I'm not the one experiencing the issue, it's great to hear that you are helping out with this even though you don't have to.

I can't say I had the same experience with Pioneer. Even when I was asked to write up everything for one of the supervisors/forum moderators so they could take it up to their management. I haven't heard ANYTHING from anyone.

18. nikoStar

nikoStar Forum Member

OK, I think I got a solution. I spoke with the supervisor and decided to spend my money and send in the box over night, he promised me once they get t they would test and fix/replace and send back next day.
    So it cost me 55 dollars, but at this point it was the only choice, and i am fine with it.

Hopefully I will get it back by saturday, so i can play out sat night. Things are looking better

19. djquartz

Good stuff,

I'm glad to see there an agreement and resolution to the problem.

I hope everything works out.

20. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

yep. fingers crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.